David O lairy

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

David O lairy

Post by Ace » Tue May 04, 2004 11:22 pm

Next Liverpool manager :?: Its the latest rumour brought to you via the grapevine ;-)

http://www.euphorics.net/view.php?id=1554

David O lairy

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

junot

Post by junot » Wed May 05, 2004 4:11 am

Ace, you would have enjoyed yourself at the reebok on sunday I suspect, knowing your love for Leeds ;-)
The Leeds fans were pretty good under the circumstances, a few years ago they'd have torn the stadium apart on such an occasion.
When the 4th official indicated 1 minute of added time sections of the Bolton crowd started chanting "down in a minute, you're going down in a minute", and the Leeds fans sang along for a bit of 'gallows humour'.

It's quite amusing at the minute, Birmingham and Charlton are the unfancied teams of the season in many peoples eyes yet Bolton are above them just now. We may slip a down a little in the next week but it's not bad going for relegation 'certainties'.
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed May 05, 2004 9:53 am

junot wrote:When the 4th official indicated 1 minute of added time sections of the Bolton crowd started chanting "down in a minute, you're going down in a minute",
:thumbsup: Quality :lol: So what you reckon about this Rivaldo palava?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed May 05, 2004 10:05 am

OK ace I give up..Who is it?
Your avatar...MU new striker?

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed May 05, 2004 10:10 am

PeterF wrote:OK ace I give up..Who is it?
Your avatar...MU new striker?
Yep he's good in the air ;-)

junot

Post by junot » Thu May 06, 2004 3:10 am

Ace wrote: :thumbsup: Quality :lol: So what you reckon about this Rivaldo palava?
Well, it seems to be hanging in the air at the minute. We'll give him a good old Lancashire welcome if he comes:) If he makes half the impact of Youri Djorkaeff I'll be happy :) The club have stated that they won't spend money beyond their budget. This season's budget was based on being 17th in the premiership, so we should have a bit of extra to spend as clubs get £500,000 for every position they rise up the table.

It seems that the likes of Okocha and Djorkaeff are spreading the word that Bolton isn't such a bad place to be. Bruno N'gotty has just signed on for two more years and says that he wants to finnish his career here (in my opinion he's been Bolton's best ever signing).
phil_h

simon

Post by simon » Thu May 06, 2004 8:20 am

Must admit Im surprised about where Bolton are going to finish. I did think they would be struggling this year but hats off to big Sam.

Not sure about Rivaldo thou, I think his bad peformances will out way his good ones, but I suppose when he does turn it on it will be a sight to rememeber.

Come on Charlton win us a game.

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 06, 2004 12:42 pm

junot wrote:Ace, you would have enjoyed yourself at the reebok on sunday I suspect, knowing your love for Leeds ;-)
Theres a nice tribute to leeds here ;-)

junot

Post by junot » Thu May 06, 2004 4:11 pm

Ace wrote: Theres a nice tribute to leeds here ;-)
Huddersfield fans have illustrated their sympathy for their neighbours' demise with this little slide show

http://www.htfc-world.com/
phil_h

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 06, 2004 4:18 pm

junot wrote:Huddersfield fans have illustrated their sympathy for their neighbours' demise with this little slide show

http://www.htfc-world.com/
Nice one :lol: