Brum sign Heskey and YCNMIU 10227

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Post by Ace » Tue May 18, 2004 2:42 pm

Can they take Forlan as well?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 720031.stm
Special trophy for Gunners

The Premier League have commissioned a one-off trophy to commemorate Arsenal's achievement of remaining unbeaten during an entire League season.
It will be a replica of the Premiership trophy, which was awarded to Arsenal's championship-winning side on Saturday.

However, the composition will be reversed, with gold replacing silver and vice-versa.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: "This award has been under consideration for some time."
:roll: :ohno:

link

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Tue May 18, 2004 3:30 pm

WTF are you on about now. I get the Hesky thin but what are you talking about now, is this the new message board chat thingy or text talk :shock:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue May 18, 2004 3:49 pm

When people have nothing positive to say about their own club they tend to look for "bad news" concerning the opponents. :twisted:
Whats so bad about commemorating one club´s great performance of not losing a single game in the whole championship? The manager of another club got knighted for his football-"achievements". Now how ridiculous is that? 8)
Football is also about being a fair loser when things turn not to your favor. :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue May 18, 2004 10:14 pm

You.Could.Not.Make.It.Up number 10227

PS pierrot Im not a sore loser just looking for the sick bucket regarding the Arsenal Centric Press and FA and the orgasms they seem to be having over Arsenal:

Fact 1: Arsenal haven't won back to back championships under Wenger
Fact 2: Arsenal haven't won a European trophy
Fact 3: You can go unbeaten in a season and win @#$% all, would you get a gold trophy then?
Fact 4: They got well beaten in all other domestic and european competition by superior opposition, "The Immortals" my a-rse ;-)
Fact 5: United didn't get a trophy for the highest points total in the history of the Premier League which incidently was more than "The Immortals" this season.
The Greatest Team Ever In The History Of The Premiership

is what I have read all weekend. Well here is a statistic to prove that wrong

Season 2003/2004

Arsenal P38 W26 D12 L0 Pts 90

Season 1999/2000

United P38 W28 D7 L3 Pts 91

And if you want to look at the statistics even further

Season 2003/2004

Arsenal Lost 6 games. Boro *2, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Dynamo Kiev, Manchester United

Season 1998/1999

United Lost 4 games. Sheffield Wed, Boro, Arsenal and Tottenham

Ok they are a good side, but the greatest team ever they are not.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed May 19, 2004 1:06 am

Ace wrote:You.Could.Not.Make.It.Up number 10227

PS pierrot Im not a sore loser just looking for the sick bucket regarding the Arsenal Centric Press and FA and the orgasms they seem to be having over Arsenal:
And? come on, even you should know that all that the press does is close the gap between the end of the season and in 3 weeks when england will have lost the game vs France. :ochesey:
In 2 weeks the euro 2004 will take over the press, so leave them their 3 weeks of glory. :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed May 19, 2004 12:28 pm

I dont deny them their glory. Fair enough they were far better in the premiership than any other team this season and deserve to be champions. They won the title and no one else lost it (like what Piers Morgan and his fleet street buddies normally try to say whenever United win the title).

However all this "The greatest team ever to grace English soil" bollocks :thumbsdown: They're not that great. They just got lucky with Chelsea currently in a construction phaze, United rebuilding an aging side and teams like Liverpool and Newcastle currently making mediocrity appear like a virtue :lol: