Congratulations Porto

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Congratulations Porto

Post by Ace » Wed May 26, 2004 11:46 pm

:beer_yum: Well deserved this year. Was funny to see Prince Albert leave the stadium after the second goal went in :lol:

Congratulations Porto

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu May 27, 2004 8:47 am

oh man, I can't still believe it. is it real? beer_yum:
IMHO it was absolutely deserved. We might not have the best players but he have (had :X, some players will be leaving) the best team. And they say, the best coach... :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Image :

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 27, 2004 8:55 am

Great feeling ajdias isn't it mate ;-) Im happy I had the chance to see my team win it once in my lifetime :wink: (hopefully again someday :-))

It was good for me this year that at least my team got beaten by the eventual champions as well :thumbsup:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu May 27, 2004 9:00 am

The head lines here says."Jose Mourinho Thrilled with Win" but the photograph ??
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 752027.stm

Another page says Mourinho is expected to be named as Chelsea's new manager, but he has also been linked with Liverpool.
Anyway he is moving to UK he says.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 746255.stm

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu May 27, 2004 9:01 am

tell me about :D I have a huge headache although I only had 3 pints :oops:

steev

Post by steev » Thu May 27, 2004 9:36 am

Yeah, nice one Porto ... showed that having a great team can take you all the way (of course some great players too, but none of the superstars maybe). Congrats. 8)

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Thu May 27, 2004 11:34 am

Yeah Mourinho looked like the losing manager after the final whistle. He never smiled once when the cameras were on him. Also they showed him leave the pitch and taking his medal off before they even lifted the cup. A bit strange behavior even if he is leaving the club.

Looking forward to Euro champs now...anybody know of good places to watch England games (in Helsinki area - a good screen, decent pint, atmosphere)? Its my first time watching England play in a champs while here and i'd rather not sit at home and watch on my tod.
½Image½Image

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu May 27, 2004 11:34 am

First thread/post without mentioning Arsenal :shock:
I see someone is recovering! :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 27, 2004 11:41 am

JasonS wrote:Looking forward to Euro champs now...anybody know of good places to watch England games (in Helsinki area - a good screen, decent pint, atmosphere)? Its my first time watching England play in a champs while here and i'd rather not sit at home and watch on my tod.
I reckon Sports Academy is the place :!:
pierrot wrote:First thread/post without mentioning Arsenal :shock:
I see someone is recovering! :twisted:
:lol: Yep onwards and upwards.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu May 27, 2004 11:47 am

Archive pic, could it be?
JasonS wrote:Yeah Mourinho looked like the losing manager after the final whistle. He never smiled once when the cameras were on him. Also they showed him leave the pitch and taking his medal off before they even lifted the cup. A bit strange behavior even if he is leaving the club.
I also though it to be strange but he said that when he looked, his wife and children were just behind the bench and that he was sorry that players could not be as fortunate (as to have their families around)..

SPORTS academy is normally crouded and very loud, and groups were a buit scatered - it was yesterday. Games will be shown in most bars downtown

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu May 27, 2004 12:32 pm

ajdias wrote: SPORTS academy is normally crouded and very loud, and groups were a buit scatered - it was yesterday. Games will be shown in most bars downtown
Yes when I went looking for Ace there for the Cup Final I gave up it was so crowded/noisy so I went next door to their coffee bar and phoned him (so he could stand on the table a wave) but he was still at home getting pissed :roll:
I actualy stayed in the coffee bar as they were showing the match there and there was only one other person watching it ..she came and sat at the next table..a very attractive young lady :wink: :wink: but she was a Millwall fan and had a choice selection of un -lady like East London phrases . :roll: .was the third MU goal off side and was the ref a blind old geriatric with un- married mum and dad? :roll: :roll:

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu May 27, 2004 12:39 pm

PeterF wrote:was the third MU goal off side and was the ref a blind old geriatric with un- married mum and dad? :roll: :roll:
One of Nistelrooys goals was offside and the ref did make a few dubious decisions, there were a distinct lack of yellow cards. But it was his last match so :roll:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu May 27, 2004 3:35 pm

Ace wrote:
PeterF wrote:was the third MU goal off side and was the ref a blind old geriatric with un- married mum and dad? :roll: :roll:
One of Nistelrooys goals was offside and the ref did make a few dubious decisions, there were a distinct lack of yellow cards. But it was his last match so :roll:
Dun worry, Ace, we all know its always someone´s last game when ManU plays. :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different