McLaren ....GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Phil

Post by Phil » Sun May 30, 2004 5:13 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun May 30, 2004 5:18 pm

Didn't have you down as a formula fan Phil :shock: Its a bit dull thesedays though isn't it. The championships already been decided and its only race 7 or summat :wink:

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun May 30, 2004 5:28 pm

Ace wrote:Didn't have you down as a formula fan Phil :shock: Its a bit dull thesedays though isn't it. The championships already been decided and its only race 7 or summat :wink:
When Kimi is doing well, it's great. When McLaren can't keep an engine in one piece, it's depressing.

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun May 30, 2004 5:38 pm

Phil wrote:When Kimi is doing well, it's great. When McLaren can't keep an engine in one piece, it's depressing.
Yeah :?: I thought you would have been a Schumacher fan with you and him both sharing sick sounding German storm trooper surnames ;-)

Nice to see a Brit make the podium today :thumbsup:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Sun May 30, 2004 5:43 pm

Formula one becomes a fantastic advertising for Mercedes.
Makes me want to buy one at once... :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Sun May 30, 2004 6:02 pm

pierrot wrote:Formula one becomes a fantastic advertising for Mercedes.
Makes me want to buy one at once... :twisted:
Finnish third-graders have known this for years...

Jätkä lähti lätkimään,
kun johtotähti rupesi pätkimään.

Mercedes-Benz perseelleen lens.

How much longer before the RR bikes take over our screens? That's entertainment; F1 is a fast-forward funeral cortége. God, I'm glad not to make a living as a commentator on that crap. Imagine having to wind yourself up every fortnight to say:

"And well, it really all depends on how quickly they can change his tyres..."

when you know you AREN'T allowed to say: "Because that's the only way in this sch!tty sport that one car can actually get past another one."

About as exciting as chewing gravel, even without the Ferrari dominance.

simon

Post by simon » Sun May 30, 2004 8:28 pm

Hey I once said bad things about F1 and KR on this site and a few of the regulars laid right inito me so I Ibe careful about any F1 issues on here even though it is about exciting as ....well something really not exciting. But really KM is a nice guy and I think he is greatt :wink: :twisted:

F1 is most entertaining :?

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun May 30, 2004 8:40 pm

What did you say? He's as charasmatic as a wet cod? :wink:

<sarcasm alert>
He's only a yoot though isn't he :!: . Give him time, soon he'll be dropping the one liners and entertaining the press like Mika Hakkinen used to</sarcasm alert> :wink:

bretti_kivi

Post by bretti_kivi » Mon May 31, 2004 12:51 am

the radio presenters here seem to be really excited about it - "schumi won again! wohoooo!!". booooorinng.

mercedes - they're in the news because apparently the brakes keep failing on SLs and some E's.... ooops. weren't they planning on taking more control from McLaren? now wouldn't that be a good idea?

on the suomalainen in formel 1 front: i have to say i prefer their style over M Schumacher's arrogance any day - and it's really bad in German 'cos of the way he phrases things....

Bret
"I have no further comments at this time"

simon

Post by simon » Mon May 31, 2004 8:28 am

Ace wrote:What did you say? He's as charasmatic as a wet cod? :wink:

<sarcasm alert>
:wink:
Something much similiar to what you just said.

Kimi

Post by Kimi » Mon May 31, 2004 6:15 pm

Don't get me started. I'm very disappointed this year.

But I still have my tickets!
I just hope the USGP is a bit more exciting.

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Mon May 31, 2004 6:46 pm

If I was Kimi, I'd start to drive a Lada Niva back and from the practices. If asked why; "It is reliable". :wink:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Kimi

Post by Kimi » Mon May 31, 2004 7:37 pm

I saw it reported that Schumacher was thanking Kimi for getting in second place and holding up the fast cars so they wouldn't pressure him. I really want him to get beat fair and square on the track. Two(?) years ago at the USGP Montoya passed him on Turn One, at the end of the long straight. The roar from the crowd drowned out the noise of the engines - the first time I ever heard that at a F1 race.

Kimi

Post by Kimi » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:19 pm

Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but I went to the USGP with my Finnish fiancee last weekend. We made it a point to search out anyone with Finnish flags to go and talk to them.

We ran into one American girl from Ohio that was all decked out with a Finnish flag painted on her face, Finnish flags, and anything else you can think of. YLE interviewed her. They seemed to get a kick out of an American being such a Kimi fan.

There were several Americans like this, and they all seemed befuddled when we yelled "Terve!" at them. After several occassions of this sort, I started tossing in "Puhutko suomea?" as well to weed out the American Kimi-fans from the Finnish ones.

We also ran into about six or seven transplants. Three had moved to the upper peninsula of Michigan fifty years ago and could still speak fluent Finnish to my fiancee. They also gave my fiancee good advice on how to find Finnish bread in America, which she is missing dreadfully on her visit here.