Ranieri in P45 shocker

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Ranieri in P45 shocker

Post by Ace » Mon May 31, 2004 7:50 pm

well not really :roll:

Ranieri in P45 shocker

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:45 am

Shame really the way they have treated him. ALthough it was always on the cards, still I thought the man conducted business very well considering. I wonder where he will go bearing in mind that he wants to stay in the PL.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:51 am

simon wrote: I wonder where he will go bearing in mind that he wants to stay in the PL.
Liverpool..Portsmouth...who else is threaten with the scak..Oh yes MU!
If the under the table transfer deals prove to be true.

simon

Post by simon » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:32 am

Looks like hes after £8M pay off :shock:

Good on him I say

Could be off to Tottenham

All from the Scum

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:11 pm

Tottenham looks likely. He could go back to his home town Rome though. The Roma job looks a possibility too!

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:35 pm

simon wrote:Shame really the way they have treated him. ALthough it was always on the cards, still I thought the man conducted business very well considering.
Nice gets you nowhere in Football management. If I owned a club i'd give the nastiest most ruthless piece of work the job, ala Fergusson ;-)

PS Im looking forward to Roy Keane becoming a manager 8)

Niall Shaky

Post by Niall Shaky » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:10 pm

PeterF wrote:
simon wrote: I wonder where he will go bearing in mind that he wants to stay in the PL.
Liverpool..Portsmouth...who else is threaten with the scak..Oh yes MU!
If the under the table transfer deals prove to be true.
£6 million pay off, I reckon I'd take it easy.

Rafael Benitez seems set to move from Valencia to Liverpool.

I'm not sure about that. He has a reputation as a tough disciplinarian, likes his teams to keep a tight ship at the back then counter-attack. He himself has never played top class football and was once a PE teacher. Seems like Houllier Mk II to me.

... except of course when you compare his record of acheivement.

Before Liverpool Houllier had won only one French title (with PSG in the eighties) and was more famous as an administrator setting up the French academy at Clairfountaine. B

enitez has won two La Liga titles in 3 seasons, UEFA Cup this season. Not too shabby.

Let's see.

Ace

Post by Ace » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:16 pm

Niall Shaky wrote:likes his teams to keep a tight ship at the back then counter-attack.
I thought that was the liverpool way. 10 defenders and a speed demon for the offside trap ;-)

Hit them when they're taking a corner, long ball up the park ;-)

No step up for Pinnochio then?

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:46 pm

Here we go on the merry go round:
The press is unanimously agreed that Quiroz will turn down an offer from Spurs and rejoin United as Fergie’s number two in time for next season. Buttered crumpets all round!
Claudio Ranieri has reached a verbal agreement with Valencia and will take over as manager once he has reached a settlement with Chelsea.
Chelsea have confirmed Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho as their new manager on a three-year contract.
Benitez leaves Valencia
Liverpool are unlikely to appoint a new boss until next week, despite Rafael Benitez's departure from Valencia.
Benitez increased speculation he will succeed the sacked Gerard Houllier when he quit the Spaniards on Tuesday.
But what about poor old Tottenham :?: :wink:

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:30 pm

I hope Mourinho falls flat on his arrogant face.
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

simon

Post by simon » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:56 pm

Helmi wrote:I hope Mourinho falls flat on his arrogant face.
I wouldnt really call him arrogant Iwould call hima good manager who has won everthing that his former league could offer him. Unlike your old geezer SAF!!! The most arrogant manager in modern times. What has he done really when it comes to European football got a team full of starts to CL every season, so what. You look at all the big clubs in the rest of europe and they have done the same.

I hope Mourinho does wonders at Chelski, although I have to admit I hate the b@stards I just like his style. Bring it on SAF you old miserable git

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:47 pm

simon wrote:I hope Mourinho does wonders at Chelski, although I have to admit I hate the b@stards I just like his style. Bring it on SAF you old miserable git
Mourinho is the new Ferguson ;-) The press are going to start harrasing him now :lol: Told you nasty people do better in Football management look at Brian Clough :wink:

"Im not arrogant i'm just the best" :lol: 8) Nice line that, he has just dominated the Portugese league and won the UEFA and Champions league so he has a fair point :!:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:40 pm

simon wrote: Unlike your old geezer SAF!!! The most arrogant manager in modern times. What has he done really when it comes to European football got a team full of starts to CL every season, so what. You look at all the big clubs in the rest of europe and they have done the same.

I hope Mourinho does wonders at Chelski, although I have to admit I hate the b@stards I just like his style. Bring it on SAF you old miserable git
Dont worry Simon, ManU and SAF are the past.
I doubt they will win anything big in europe (=CL) in the next 5 years. And even at home it will look tougher now with arsenal and chelsea.
You better go and buy some tissues, Ace! :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

simon

Post by simon » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:57 am

pierrot wrote:
simon wrote: Unlike your old geezer SAF!!! The most arrogant manager in modern times. What has he done really when it comes to European football got a team full of starts to CL every season, so what. You look at all the big clubs in the rest of europe and they have done the same.

Dont worry Simon, ManU and SAF are the past.
I doubt they will win anything big in europe (=CL) in the next 5 years. And even at home it will look tougher now with arsenal and chelsea.
You better go and buy some tissues, Ace! :twisted:
Im not too worried MU are like you said in the past nowadays.

What do you think of this Santini guy the new tottenham manager? Is he any good.

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:19 am

simon wrote: Im not too worried MU are like you said in the past nowadays.

What do you think of this Santini guy the new tottenham manager? Is he any good.
Santini is the actual trainer/manager of the french national team. Before that he was trainer/manager of Olympique Lyon and led them to the french championship and league cup.
Quite good man although a bit quiet.
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different