Official Euro '04 pub?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:18 pm

tgabawm wrote::twisted: Hmmm, well, we voted mainly the new players, the revelations... Heize made an excellent season, as usual, but for instance we just discovered Alonzo and Mbamy...
Not everybody voted Alonzo best keeper, the best keeper's award went to Coupet... But Alonzo made the hell of a season...
By the Way, we are going to the Champion's league next season... What about your favorite French club Pierrot?
L´équipe showed Alonzo as best keeper, you know that newspaper that hates PSG so much... :roll: :wink:
So PSG-Fans only have eyes for the big breakthroughs and new players, and not for the ones doing their work in the best possible way? Thats what I would call quality-fans!
Remind me, how many times did PSG win the championsleague? hu? :twisted:
Malgrés tout j´espère qu´on va leur mettre une belle raclée dimanche prochain. :wink: 8)

Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:18 pm

SF Baari is ok, Molly's is ok, but I believe the atmosphere will be better in Sports Academy... And in Sports and Angleterre at least: cheap beers for those with the S-etukortti...
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:19 pm

Malgrés tout j´espère qu´on va leur mettre une belle raclée dimanche prochain
C'est clair! Ou regardera tu le match?
(M. Quoist)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:22 pm

tgabawm wrote:
Malgrés tout j´espère qu´on va leur mettre une belle raclée dimanche prochain
C'est clair! Ou regardera tu le match?
En Allemagne où je suis maintenant. :?
Mais je téléphonerai avec des amis en Angleterre qui arrètent pas de me dire que l´angleterre va gagner le tournoi (enfin, comme ils l´ont affirmés lors de tout les tournois jusqu´à présent :twisted: )
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:26 pm

Ha! J'espere qu'un de ces 4 on pourra aller voir un match ensemble... Peut etre les match du Psg en coupe d'Europe! :lol: Allez les Bleus!
(M. Quoist)

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:32 pm

JasonS wrote:Excuse me, is it OK if I keep away from boring ManUre talk and post about the thread topic?
I think we covered 2 continents and 6 countries in the thread so far so its not just "boring Utd" talk :!:

And not another "stay on topic" vigilantee please :roll:

PS No need for the thread anyway its blatant Sports Academy will be the venue :wink:

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:41 pm

luddite wrote: And not another "stay on topic" vigilantee please :roll:
excuse moi, as there wasn't already enought proof that another ALL FOOTIE thread would be needed. Who's MU anyway? not the european champions 8)

As for me, I dislike Sports like I wrote on some other thread. Noisy, big, too many screams, jne.. how about . breaking a deal with some place?

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:09 pm

tgabawm wrote:L'equipe...pfffffff... he is a very good defense player, very decisive... And I believe he has a good chance adapt well and fast to the Premier League, bit rougher games there... Never believe what the newspapers say! No French newspaper will say any good about PSG's players... It's a well known fact that everybody hates us!!!! (bit paranoid, yes yes)
He takes a mean penalty:

http://asfo.grivo.free.fr/CNANTES3.mpg

;-)

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:56 pm

Yep! So you've done some researches, uh?
(M. Quoist)

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:03 am

tgabawm wrote:Yep! So you've done some researches, uh?
Well trying to read up on him a bit today. I'd like to see him play a game though. I wonder if Argentina have any games over the summer?

He played against Brazil last week and conceded a penalty apparently :lol:

Edit hmm next South American world cup qualifier for Argentina seems to be against Peru in September:
World Cup qualifying is next scheduled for Sept. 4-5, when Brazil hosts Bolivia, and Argentina travels to Peru. Paraguay plays Venezuela, Ecuador visits Uruguay, and Chile hosts Colombia in the other games.

link :?
Last edited by luddite on Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

daive

Post by daive » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:06 am

ajdias wrote:.. how about . breaking a deal with some place?
I did break a deal last year with SF bar for all the England games etc.
My friend is assistant manager there and he said just to let him know what we want and they will do specials. The way they did it before was reserved seating and 3euros a pint, far nicer and more relaxed than Sports Academy.

If anyone is interested, I will have a word.

Daive

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:12 pm

All of the Brits in Oulu will be in Leskinen on Sunday evening. End of Story!!

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:17 pm

Exercise a little caution if Viewing this at work - and Mods, feel free to remove this if you think its a bit 'much'
I've just been crying with laughter with this one. I think if were anyone else but Vinnie, it wouldn't be as funny at all!! Maybe this is his effort at European integration!! :lol:

http://www.comeontheengland.co.uk/

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:32 pm

Ian wrote:Maybe this is his effort at European integration!! :lol:
One thing puzzles me..The "gentleman" with the fine collection of adjectives :wink: appears to be traveling in France....but Euro 2004 is in Portugal...I wonder what the chances of him making the over-land route via France/Spain by Sunday are! :roll:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:42 pm

PeterF wrote: One thing puzzles me..The "gentleman" with the fine collection of adjectives :wink: appears to be traveling in France....but Euro 2004 is in Portugal...I wonder what the chances of him making the over-land route via France/Spain by Sunday are! :roll:
They seem to travel in an old bus/train, and the direct routes between UK and Portugal for busses/trains sadly pass over France unless you can afford expensive ferries :)

Oh, and I love Vinnie (not only since snatch! )