Official Euro '04 pub?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
steev

Official Euro '04 pub?

Post by steev » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:50 pm

Sorry for you guys not living in HKI, but ...

How about nominating an 'official' . pub for watching the Euro 2004 matches?(in Helsinki)

... I don't always feel like watching the matches in town, but it would be good if there was one bar where IESAFers could go and have a chance of meeting some other BB users from different countries to watch matches with, and you don't have to specifically organise anything each time...

What do you lot think ...?

Official Euro '04 pub?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:13 am

:thumbsup: Sounds good, Cant promise to make all the games though. Working a lot in the evening this summer.

PS United sign new defender (about bloody time).

YCNMIU his squad numbers going to be 57 :wink:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:10 pm

luddite wrote:PS United sign new defender (about bloody time).

YCNMIU his squad numbers going to be 57 :wink:
Yes, well that "“If I asked him to shoot with his right foot, he would shoot with his left just to be awkward.” sounds really like a quality man!
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:15 pm

Actually I was hoping you could tell me what he's like since he's just come from France pierrot?

I know very little about the guy other than he's supposed to be a no nonsense defender and we've not had one of them since Jaap Staam!
And Heinze, 26, arrives at Old Trafford with a reputation as a nutter after being voted the roughest defender in French football last season.
Wheres tgabawm when you need her? ;-)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:35 pm

luddite wrote:Actually I was hoping you could tell me what he's like since he's just come from France pierrot?

I know very little about the guy other than he's supposed to be a no nonsense defender and we've not had one of them since Jaap Staam!
And Heinze, 26, arrives at Old Trafford with a reputation as a nutter after being voted the roughest defender in French football last season.
Wheres tgabawm when you need her? ;-)
I dun follow the french league that much :oops:
But the french sportnewspaper l´équipe (one of the best qualitywise in europe) doesnt mention him as in the top 5 defenders of the french league, which makes me doubt a bit about his quality.
We both know that Fan-votings are most of the times of rather dubious quality as the results can be easily influenced. Votes by sportnewspapers or league-managers/players are much more accurate.
http://www.equipe.fr/Football/NOTES_D1.html
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:39 pm

Coming coming! What exactly do you want to know? Heinze is good, quite aggressive, very good technique, can as well score, especially on free kicks, never lets the team down, very professional...178cm for 72kg. Recently joined the Argentinian national team. A bit stubborned but that's ok.... Damn I already miss him!! :cry:
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:40 pm

Aye i'm a bit wary of South Americans in the English league as well after our last three Veron, Forlan and Kleberson (although the juries still out on Kleb)

I reckon Ronaldhinio would have turned out alright though (If we'd managed to pull that off) after seeing the effect he had on Barca last season.

Still at least the clubs recognised that defenders are whats needed at the moment :thumbsup:

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:41 pm

Cheers tgabawm thats what I want to hear :D

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:43 pm

But the french sportnewspaper l´équipe (one of the best qualitywise in europe) doesnt mention him as in the top 5 defenders of the french league, which makes me doubt a bit about his quality.
L'equipe...pfffffff... he is a very good defense player, very decisive... And I believe he has a good chance adapt well and fast to the Premier League, bit rougher games there... Never believe what the newspapers say! No French newspaper will say any good about PSG's players... It's a well known fact that everybody hates us!!!! (bit paranoid, yes yes)
(M. Quoist)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:49 pm

tgabawm wrote:
L'equipe...pfffffff... he is a very good defense player, very decisive... And I believe he has a good chance adapt well and fast to the Premier League, bit rougher games there... Never believe what the newspapers say! No French newspaper will say any good about PSG's players... It's a well known fact that everybody hates us!!!! (bit paranoid, yes yes)
Sure, thats why they voted Alonzo best keeeper in the league... :roll:
There must be a reason everyone hates artifical clubs like PSG ;)
Hell, even the PSG-fans themselve dont really seem to like him:
"Durant un mois, les membres du forum PlanetePSG.com ont voté pour celui qu’ils considèrent être le joueur de l’année du Paris Saint-Germain. Le vainqueur est le portier parisien Jérôme Alonzo. (...)
Le classement des 5 premiers :
01. Alonzo – 98 votes – 34.15 %
02. Sorin – 90 votes – 31.36%
03. Déhu – 40 votes – 19.94%
04. Pauleta – 28 votes – 9.76%
05. M’Bami – 11 votes – 3.83%"
http://www.planetepsg.com/index.php?page=infos&id=1730
Where is Heinze? :twisted:

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:52 pm

Fergies talking about:

Neville Silvestre Ferdinand Heinze

As the back four, despite Heinze being a centre half Fergies going to play him as a left back :?

Ferdinands still banned for a bit though and with injuries etc the back four could look like this now and again

Neville Silvestre Heinze O Shea

Neville Silvestre O Shea Heinze

Neville Heinze Brown Silvestre

Neville Silvestre Brown Heinze

O Shea, Heinze and Silvestre can all play Left back and Centre back :!:

Not too bad. If Heinze comes good I'll be pretty happy with that
Last edited by luddite on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:53 pm

:twisted: Hmmm, well, we voted mainly the new players, the revelations... Heize made an excellent season, as usual, but for instance we just discovered Alonzo and Mbamy...
Not everybody voted Alonzo best keeper, the best keeper's award went to Coupet... But Alonzo made the hell of a season...
By the Way, we are going to the Champion's league next season... What about your favorite French club Pierrot?
(M. Quoist)

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:53 pm

I don't know about this year, but in '98 Snooker Time in Oulu showed the World Cup games.

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:06 pm

I was personally planning to go to the Sports Academy as early as this sunday for England-France. Will there be any of you guys?
(M. Quoist)

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:15 pm

Excuse me, is it OK if I keep away from boring ManUre talk and post about the thread topic?

In the latest free weekly whats on in Helsinki paper(City lehti) there is a whole page of adverts for bars showing all the games. These include Sports Academy, Molly's, London Pub, Angleterre, Vanha, SF Baari and more. Most also have offers of cheap beer.

I would vote for Sports(more international) or Angleterre(obviously for Ingerland fans and good beer). I dont know much about the others.
Last edited by JasonS on Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
½Image½Image