Who will the Scots support England vs. France?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
luddite

Post by luddite » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:04 pm

Come on Mrjism you'll have to try better than that ;-) To think some people thought you were one of my wind ups :?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

mrjimsfc

Post by mrjimsfc » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:30 pm

luddite wrote:Come on Mrjism you'll have to try better than that ;-) To think some people thought you were one of my wind ups :?
To find that you seem to share my opinion of European sports is really quite surprising. :thumbsup: You've just moved up a notch of two in my view. :ochesey: Of course if you're just trying to placate me.... :wilted: :P

PS: I would never wind you up, you're too much like the "Energizer Bunny" already. :wink:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:07 pm

mrjimsfc wrote:
luddite wrote:You will not find a better dead ball player on the planet than Beckham.
So he really is dead? I always thought that only dead people played that European thing they call some sort of "sport". :roll: A bunch of zombies stumbling around on a big grassy field kicking each other and tripping over one another. :twisted: Yup, European football (Soccer), golf and Ballet all have the same things in common; a lot of moving around and no excitement. Well, OK, European folk DO get excited, it's just that they get excited over some really DULL things. :lol:
True,
We would have really loved to get excited over wretsling, boxing with predefined winners, Baseball with doped players, "World Series" which are only played by northamerican teams and other such "highlights".
But sadly our attention lasts longer than 20 minutes, and we are even able to celebrate a draw (OH NO!) as an exciting game.
But then again we also dont need to show nipples in our half-times to get people excited.
:rose:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Andrew_S

Post by Andrew_S » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:39 pm

Police to let England fans smoke dope

From NICK PARKER in Portugal

ENGLAND fans will be allowed to smoke dope before Sunday’s crunch clash with France — to keep them calm.

Cops in Lisbon plan to crack down on drunk supporters while turning a blind eye to those spotted puffing on a spliff.

Pot-smoking fans have been assured they will not be arrested, cautioned — or even have their drugs confiscated.

Last night experts said the Portuguese police’s “Here We Blow” policy would reduce chances of a punch-up between rival fans.

<snip>
:D
Image Image

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:37 pm

So...is that a yes or a no then??? :lol: :P
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage

Andrew_S

Post by Andrew_S » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:17 pm

The English are the historic enemy. So the Scots support France. :twisted:
Image Image

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:27 pm

Andrew_S wrote:The English are the historic enemy. So the Scots support France. :twisted:
Remove that St. Georges cross from your signature now! :evil:

Andrew_S

Post by Andrew_S » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:56 pm

Richard wrote:
Andrew_S wrote:The English are the historic enemy. So the Scots support France. :twisted:
:D
I was born and grew up in England so that's for info basically. All family older than me are Scots, so I always supported Scotland.

In fact living abroad for years I'm not bothered about the difference between Scots/English etc.
Image Image

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:01 am

Richard wrote:
SORE LOSER! :twisted: :D :ochesey:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

mrjimsfc

Post by mrjimsfc » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:46 pm

pierrot wrote:But sadly our attention lasts longer than 20 minutes, and we are even able to celebrate a draw (OH NO!) as an exciting game.
But then again we also dont need to show nipples in our half-times to get people excited.
:rose:
If watching men run and kick each other in the shins for twenty minutes (or even longer) is what gets you excited, then it's no wonder that exposed nipples just don't do it for you. :twisted: Like you however, I really would like to see some U.S. baseball teams go up against some of those Japanese teams. In most cases, I think I would put my money on the Japanese.

Helmi

Post by Helmi » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:16 pm

Hehehe...I now have a new nickname in my local..."The White Witch" :P

I correctly predicted the England vs. France and Sweden vs. Bulgaria final scores. I just wish I had put a tenner on @ the bookies :roll: and IIRC, I was very close in predicting an earlier England friendly match final score...(there's a thread on here somewhere about it)

Women's intuition or what? :lol:
Helvete också, nu regnar det igen!

ImageImage