Holland v Germany an example for everyone

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:22 am

Hey, I don't like United. I don't much like Portugal, either; leastways they made a huge meal out of beating a 10-man Russian side tonight, but that Ronaldo kid added an extra dose of pace and ideas and the Portuguese manager would be daft not to start him next time out, or at least give him a run at the Spanish backs of more than a paltry ten minutes.

Even allowing for the fact that he was fresh and the other 20 on the park were rather less so, he looked the business, and I didn't see him doing ANY of those bloody annoying little scissor movements with his feet, either, so he's not COMPLETELY a one-trick pony.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:09 am

pierrot wrote:Lets hope switzerland isnt too good tomorrow :ochesey:
Lets hope so mate, lets hope this lot get a good kick up the Algarve and behave themselves as well or the result could be irrelevant ;-)

Is Albufeira the new Faliraki :?: :wink:

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:58 am

Ok maybe I should have added "on how not to play football" to the topic yesterday. But my hangover was just too big (talk about the eternal promise :( )

Had good fun in the sports academy, the Germans there were very good about all the nasty stuff some of us where shouting to the big screen.

At moments like that you realize that having had all those languages at school isn't always a good thing ;) (I.e. we were swearing in Dutch, German, English and Finnish)
Tapani Savu
Hollantilainen

Majava

Post by Majava » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:28 am

pierrot wrote:If Van Horseface had ANY talent he would have made a few more goals against the germans. :wink:
But what to expect from a guy claiming 'This is not just about football history it's about real history and what went on 60 years ago.'
For those who want to know the true words of of Nistelrooij and not the crap quote that Pierrot wrote and got from Germany’s most disgusting tabloid ‘Bild am Sonntag’, here it is:
“It is difficult to approach this match without emotion. Apart from football history, also history plays a role. For some people emotions can run high, because of things happened 60 years ago, but not for the players.”

And van Hooijdonk? come on!!! But you might see Makaay soon, or Kluivert :shock: , because the Dutch coach is still experimenting... For once I think it's good that the Dutch 11 can't play as one team. The individual strength of the Dutch players can make the difference, hopefully, now the coach is still searching for the answer. I hope the players realise that now.
"Remember-you can't beam through a force field. So, don't try it. "(James T. Kirk)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:09 am

Majava wrote:
pierrot wrote:If Van Horseface had ANY talent he would have made a few more goals against the germans. :wink:
But what to expect from a guy claiming 'This is not just about football history it's about real history and what went on 60 years ago.'
For those who want to know the true words of of Nistelrooij and not the crap quote that Pierrot wrote and got from Germany’s most disgusting tabloid ‘Bild am Sonntag’, here it is:
“It is difficult to approach this match without emotion. Apart from football history, also history plays a role. For some people emotions can run high, because of things happened 60 years ago, but not for the players.”
Nice try, Majava.
Sadly i dont read that newspaper you mention. I have the quote from the Sunday-Mail: http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport/tm_ob ... _page.html
Yeah, if even an english (!) Newspaper thinks its over the top then its harmless. Of course.
But then we both know how games vs Germany have always brought the "best" out of the dutch players.
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different