Room for some Germany-Austria skullduggery?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:00 am

AwRIGHT!

Sweden and Denmark could shaft the Eyeties with a nice high-scoring draw in their last match, always assuming the Azzurri - who will be without three first-team players - cannot beat Bulgaria by three clear goals.

A little Scandihoovian solidarity, and bye-bye Totti... 3-3 should do nicely. :twisted:

Sweden 2 1 1 0 6 1 4
Denmark 2 1 1 0 2 0 4
Italy 2 0 2 0 1 1 2
Bulgaria 2 0 0 2 0 7 0

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

luddite

Post by luddite » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:54 am

I reckon Sweden will beat Denmark and Italy will definitely beat Bulgaria sending Sweden and Italy through.

PS Great goal from Zlatan Ibrahimovic yesterday. It did make me laugh. Very Eric Cantona I thought :wink:

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:55 pm

*Shrug*.

A lot being written about how it CAN'T end 2-2 or 3-3, either because the Swedes and Danes have a recent history of low-scoring games and the Swedes are strong at the back, and anyway "it wouldn't look good" and the Italians would throw a wobbler and go running to UEFA with videos of Henrik Larsson "deliberately missing with a diving header" or Sörensen letting in a soft penalty, but...

apparently around 80% of the money placed on this game with British bookies is for...

2-2.

Go figure.

Majava

Post by Majava » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:02 pm

luddite wrote:PS Great goal from Zlatan Ibrahimovic yesterday.
Play for Ajax, learn how to play football!
"Remember-you can't beam through a force field. So, don't try it. "(James T. Kirk)

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:05 pm

except if your a Dutch player and you are playing for the National team then it is more: play for Ajax, learn how to argue and moan and do anything but play like a team :(
Tapani Savu
Hollantilainen

Majava

Post by Majava » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:36 pm

I know what you mean, but this time I think it's because they are forced they play llike a team, in the system that Advocaat wants. Advocaat (who's never been at Ajax) has made this selection to play so insecure. It has been only the individual qualities of some players that made the difference and make it to look like we still have a chance. Advocaat should have only asked PSV or ex-PSV players to join him to Portugal, maybe then then they would play more like a team. But also more like Germany....
"Remember-you can't beam through a force field. So, don't try it. "(James T. Kirk)

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:48 pm

hmm 11 good Dutch-PSV players... it's a bit like wanting extremely technical Feyenoord players isn't it :lol:

ps me is from Rotterdam yes :wink:
Tapani Savu
Hollantilainen

Majava

Post by Majava » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:59 pm

:lol:

And an Amsterdammer here! (even Ajax F-side in my younger days!) But believe me, I'd much rather see a always hard working Feyenoord than the PSV choir boys :twisted:

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:40 pm

AHEM!

What did I tell you? Not that it matters a hell of a lot, but bye-bye Spitter. 8)

Awww.. turns out the Italians DID score a second right at the death, but it didn't do them any good.... doubtless Berlusconi will declare war.

Majava

Post by Majava » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:56 pm

otyikondo wrote:AHEM!

What did I tell you? Not that it matters a hell of a lot, but bye-bye Spitter. 8)
Why the 8) , why not the :D or :twisted: huh? Let's drink to that!

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:50 am

Is there actually ANYONE who likes the italian team?
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:49 am

otyikondo wrote:apparently around 80% of the money placed on this game with British bookies is for...

2-2.
I love it when the bookies get taken to the cleaners 8)

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:17 am

pierrot wrote:Is there actually ANYONE who likes the italian team?
It doesn't matter anymore for Italy... They're out...

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:24 am

Arno wrote:
pierrot wrote:Is there actually ANYONE who likes the italian team?
It doesn't matter anymore for Italy... They're out...
Yep, but I have not met yet ANYONE who likes their team or how they play (or rather played)
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different