Czech v Holland at SF Bar?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
steev

Post by steev » Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:59 pm

Anyone wanna have a break from the refinement of the Sports Academy and catch the match at SF bar instead?
A few of us will probably be there but no nationalities actually involved in the game ... so what about some of you Dutchies, also ... are there any Czechs on this site??Haven't seen any up to now, so show yourselves if you're around!

See ya ...
Btw ... I reckon the Czechs are gonna win this one... :twisted:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:31 pm

Who else is coming and what time?

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:44 pm

i might be interested

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:02 pm

Sorry won't be there, I need to get up @ 07:00 :shock: tomorrow (to check out Bowie)

I'll be shouting at the TV at home. :)
Tapani Savu
Hollantilainen

steev

Post by steev » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:08 pm

Arno wrote:Who else is coming and what time?
Just a few guys I know, not really IESAFers but I heard a nasty rumour that Neil might be there :wink: ...

We're going there about 20.30 I think. Anyone welcome, they even let dogs and Frenchmen in there I've heard :wink: :twisted:

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:14 pm

Is it safe if I come in my bright orange Holland t-shirt? :D

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:16 am

Arno wrote:Is it safe if I come in my bright orange Holland t-shirt? :D
Only if you don't get indigestion when you have to eat it... :P

Great match! Half an inch lower with that shot of Nedved's and we'd have ourselves a new goal of the tournament.

luddite

Post by luddite » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:43 am

Quality game :thumbsup: The best so far I'd say. Or maybe any game would seem amazing after that Germany Latvia match ;-)

I said before whoever wins the group of death may well win the tournament. Get your money on Czech ;-)

I was a bit pissed off to see how well Robben linked up with Nistlerooy (I was very upset Utd missed out on signing him to Chelsea). The coach made a big mistake substituting Robben so early :!: (I dont think he was injured).

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:43 am

luddite wrote:I said before whoever wins the group of death may well win the tournament. Get your money on Czech ;-)
Very courageous prediction. Thats a bit like saying "Brazil will become WC!"
:wink:
But overall, the chzechs have the best TEAM so far. They fight to win and are a compact team, and therefor will be THE team to beat to win this EC.
They would deserve to win the whole thing.
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:13 pm

lets just hope they ravage the germans too... that way holland might continue this EC... that is, if the latvians roll-over ofcourse :)

the referee seemed to me very anti-dutch though... several odd moments (like the second yellow for Heitinga)

I can't help feel robbed of a point here... no doubt that a tie would have been acceptable... the czechs are very good, and deserve to get far, but Holland was definately as good (or shoudl we say that both teams made plenty of mistakes)

dutch defence was again iffy though... and Robben should have stayed on, van der Meyde was not nearly as productive as Robben was.

Must say it was a pleasant surprise to see Robben play the way he did, a huge promise for the Holland future!

luddite

Post by luddite » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:19 pm

meenfreem wrote:the referee seemed to me very anti-dutch though... several odd moments (like the second yellow for Heitinga)
He was inconsistent with his bookings :!: And that second yellow was given when he'd not given yellows for worse tackles. But I think he did OK (but hey im biased) ;-)

The ref didn't cost you the game your coach did ;-)
Last edited by luddite on Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luddite

Post by luddite » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:20 pm

pierrot wrote:
luddite wrote:I said before whoever wins the group of death may well win the tournament. Get your money on Czech ;-)
Very courageous prediction. Thats a bit like saying "Brazil will become WC!"
:wink:
Hey coming from the man that said the French will win it ;-) (I still think they will)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:47 pm

luddite wrote: Hey coming from the man that said the French will win it ;-) (I still think they will)

:mrgreen:

Having seen them play vs croatia I have my doubts.
Thanx to mister Silvestre (now where does that loser play again???) we already got 2 penalties (ok, only one actually became a goal 8) ) and the defense seems very weak, not coordinated while the teamplay was already better.
:?
Sweden and Czechia would be the only 2 teams i´d see going strong at the moment.
But lets wait for tonight when Portugal is out :twisted:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:54 pm

Dude its not how you play now (as long as you get out of the group) its how you play then :!:

You should know that being in Germany the epitomy of slow starters that get better as the tournament progresses :wink:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:08 pm

luddite wrote:Dude its not how you play now (as long as you get out of the group) its how you play then :!:

You should know that being in Germany the epitomy of slow starters that get better as the tournament progresses :wink:
As long as its inthe groups its ALWAYS how you play now ;)

And France is not Germany. While Germany needs 24 games to even get in the mood to start to play the ball, the french are either there or not from the start (see WC2002....)