footie

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
JamesDeLaShire

footie

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 am

Hei,

looking for some people to play footie with,
i'm 28, male, from liverpool uk.
i'm not amazingly skilled or anything but me and my mates used to have a kickaround on the park back home (catch, shootie that sorta stuff) and i'm missing the excersise :p

any info or suggestions??

kiitos

footie

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Ross1983

Re: footie

Post by Ross1983 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:26 pm

tell people where you live perhaps :lightbulb:

JamesDeLaShire

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 pm

ooops sorry - i live in helsinki, but i don't mind a little travelling

odon

Post by odon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 pm

There seems to be 5-5 games in Merihaga, maybe you could join a team....i am interested too!

JamesDeLaShire

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

that sounds good - is there a sports center there? or a website?

JamesDeLaShire

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 pm

ok so i found a website for 5-a-side football in merihaka,
it says you need to put a team together so if anyone would be interested pls drop me a line

kiitos

tran

Post by tran » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Do you know how often games are played?
For example, are they played on the same day each week? And at which time?

I'm interested in joining, as an amateur for-fun player.

jtelford

Post by jtelford » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Bit of a useless answer but if I find work and move to Finland this year you can count me in.

Jord186

Post by Jord186 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi mate,

I'm in if you're still looking for players, i'm 29 not messi but play alright. Although I'm not match fit so I might near collapse toward the end of a match but i'll turn up!

Let me know if you're still looking

Jordan

JamesDeLaShire

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

hei guys

sorry i've been really busy this week (head chef's on holiday, and i'm moving into a new flat), but i've just e-mailed merihaka to ask for info about playing.
i did check the website http://www.meripeli.fi/2 but google translate is failing badly :(

so i'll see if they e-mail me back, then i'll head over to merihaka tomorrow and ask in the actual sports center. I'll post the info i get on here for you guys in the next couple of days.

and yeah i'm really not bothered how skillful or match fit any of us are (i'm no superstar myself), i just thought it'd be a laugh (and some exercise)

....besides i support Liverpool - determination and teamwork beats skill any day, how else could Djimi Traore win a champions league medal :D

MagicJ

Post by MagicJ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:49 pm

When you go to Merihaka you'll see a sign on the noticeboard for teams to play against Jolly Dragon http://www.jollydragon.net/ on saturdays, you might want to get in touch with them to see if you can get a game.
ImageImage

JamesDeLaShire

Post by JamesDeLaShire » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:04 pm

hei guys,

i went over to merihaka, the guy there didn't really have any information except that they play on saturdays and sundays.
(he gave me a website www.spl.fi but it seems to be a site for some kinda dogs trust :/ )

i'm going to head back there tomorrow and see if i can speak to some of the teams who are already playing.

Seems like there's at least 4 of us on here (not counting j telford til he arrives in the country) so i guess we should also meet up and introduce ourselves to each other, maybe go for a kickaround somewhere?? (i know there's snow everywhere so it might be difficult - maybe a pint instead)

i work in yssi-bar (bar 9) on uudenmankatu most evenings so if anybody wants to pop in and exchange contact details i'll be there (or the bar staff will give you my phone number) - just ask for james

and i'll post on here whatever i find out tomorrow

hope to see ya's all soon

Halo

Post by Halo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi, I am also very interested! (I tried to send you an e-mail but guess it didn't work :)) Also no skills, unfortunately but enthusiastic! UUdenmankatu isn't far from me so I may pop in to show you my face later in the week :) Would also be up for a kick about, there are lots of parks with goals, even in the centre, will keep my eyes peeled for a relatively snowless one :D

Halo

Post by Halo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:26 pm

JamesDeLaShire wrote:Hei,

looking for some people to play footie with,
i'm 28, male, from liverpool uk.
i'm not amazingly skilled or anything but me and my mates used to have a kickaround on the park back home (catch, shootie that sorta stuff) and i'm missing the excersise :p

any info or suggestions??

kiitos
Hey, are people still keen on this? :) I think there will be places to play soon :D For example, I walked by the pitch at Merimiehenkatu today and it is still either covered in ice or soaking wet where it has melted but
if this nice weather holds then I think it will (sort of maybe ;)) be playable in a few weeks time. I guess all the other free 'pitches' around the city are in a similar state as well. I am well up for a friendly game or kick about
if we could scrape together enough people?? :D