Sweden - Denmak: Something Fishy...?

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
neil

Post by neil » Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:41 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 831443.stm

I don't think it was fixed. The equalising goal look totally spontaneous to me.

Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:08 am

Of course it wasn't fixed, how ridiculous. Both teams were fully attacking as normal. How can anyone believe Denmark would leak goals on purpose and risk going out altogether, just to try and help the other team qualify - what rubbish! What would happen if there was some 'deal' and the other side didn't honour it - would the loser then go crying to Uefa or the press, I dont think so. They would be out and on the plane home.

Its amusing the different excuses they are coming up with - a fix, the referee, Sweden's 'lucky' equaliser.

Oh dear. Sour Italian grapes indeed.
Last edited by JasonS on Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
½Image½Image

dreamer

Post by dreamer » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:16 am

I don't think it was fixed either. Maybe the last minute after Sweden scored, none of the teams was pushing anymore, but that's just normal.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:22 am

Besides, in that last minute, the players - who were probably very well-informed of what was happening elsewhere - were under the impression that Italy were drawing 1-1 and it didn't matter anyway.

But the betting was priceless: the bookies caught a real cold. By the kick-off they were offering 7/2 against a 2-2 draw, and people were LAPPING it up and coming back for more. :)