Euro 2004 Final Four Predictions...

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.

Euro 2004 Final Four Predictions...

Poll ended at Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Portugal defeats Greece
6%
Portugal defeats Czech
11%
Holland defeats Greece
No votes
Holland defeats Czech
39%
Greece defeats Portugal
No votes
Greece defeats Holland
No votes
Czech defeats Portugal
28%
Czech defeats Holland
17%

Total votes: 18

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:41 am

It's not like with the Italians, you know...

Second half was better, but still :roll:

The goal that was disallowed, ON the line, not off-side. The Dutch goal against the Czechs, THAT was off-side. Not this one.
The guy whistles with any struggle the Portugese have and if the Dutch get an obvious faul against them the ball was played?
Then Robben gets a yellow card after being kicked under the grass.
Hmm, yeah... It DEFINITELY is the Dutch fault.

Pierrot, check the statistics of the match, just for the fun of it...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tapani

Post by Tapani » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:53 am

must be honest, the Dutch were just not agressive/eager enough, though sh!te.

Arno never mind Pierrot he still doesn't know who to support ( since both the frogs or the "moffen" are out :P )
Tapani Savu
Hollantilainen

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:39 am

Tapani wrote:must be honest, the Dutch were just not agressive/eager enough, though sh!te.
EXACTLY. The first game where the dutch didnt play as a team but as 11 single players. best symptom: they didnt even make their goal on their own but needed help from portugal ;)
Tapani wrote:Arno never mind Pierrot he still doesn't know who to support ( since both the frogs or the "moffen" are out :P )
I support GOOD football, and what the netherlands played today was BS.
Both France and Germany are out because they played bad football, but you didnt hear my crying, did you? ;)
Maybe thats the difference between real football fans and gloryfans. 8)
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

hemuli

Post by hemuli » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:33 am

Tapani wrote:must be honest, the Dutch were just not agressive/eager enough, though sh!te.

Arno never mind Pierrot he still doesn't know who to support ( since both the frogs or the "moffen" are out :P )
ok, the Portuguese won. But,

it was a nice evening in the sports academy wasn't it?

Nice to shout for one evening every fifteen years or so in Finland, the last time was in 1988! who knows when will be the next time.

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:38 am

Thats right blame the ref and linesman :lol: Holland played so well didn't they and were robbed of victory by the evil ref :wink:

The dutch goal was offside, a linesman would flag that 99% of the time. You have to be dead level with the second to last player, he was slightly in front, when the ball was played.

Robbens second yellow was harsh, but refs can't be certain all the time. From what I could make out he was booked for diving :!: He did fall over a lot last night :lol:

PS Arno, Nistelrooys goal against the Czechs was not offside. Check the rules mate ;-)

http://www.fifa.com/fifa/handbook/laws/ ... 2003_e.pdf

Law 11

FIFA makes changes all the time. The offside rule and its interpretation have changed recently.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:39 am

Owwell... I guess I better just shut up.
If EVERYONE says it wasn't the refs fault, I guess it wasn't :cry:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:42 am

luddite wrote:
Robbens second yellow was harsh, but refs can't be certain all the time. From what I could make out he was booked for diving :!: He did fall over a lot last night :lol:
Two minutes before this harsh decision..Robbens made a deliberate dive...the Ref played the advantage but wagged his finger at Robbens "I saw that dont do it again!"..Robbens shrugged his shouders.. as if to say "so what!"..
The Ref was just waiting for the chance to show him.."So what now?"
I think the Dutch coach was also disapointed with Robbens inabilty to stand up to fair tackles he was subsituted just after the yellow card.

As far as the match was concerned ..so I lost my bet/money... :(
I though horse face Nistelrooy would do more..he looked below par and did not get any good feeds...so many of the Dutch stars failed to shine.

Only Davids seemed to be giving 100+%

This judge only give him 7/10 but that is harsh IMO.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 854827.stm

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:08 am

PeterF wrote:Two minutes before this harsh decision..Robbens made a deliberate dive...the Ref played the advantage
Very interesting that Peter so the yellow was actually for a different incident but the ref allowed play to continue and then cautioned Robben at the next available opportunity, that would explain the decision :!:

Arno: No offence its a crusade of mine, to defend the refs ;-) but I thought Frisk had a good game last night :!:

As a neutral spectator I must say Portugal were the better team against Holland. After defeating Spain, England and now the Dutch you have to say they deserve their place in the final :!:

hemuli

Post by hemuli » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:20 am

New bets! Who put his money on the Czech. Lost!
Kankkulan kaivoon!

Portugal and Greece on sunday

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:47 am

New bets! Who put his money on the Czech. Lost!
That one was quite easy. On Dragon's stadium (Porto's ) those in Blue&While always win..
At The Light's stadium it should be different - Benfica goes on red... :)

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:54 pm

Congratulations Greece!!

Wow, Euro 2004 was great, it really got me excited about football, I need to watch it more often!

luddite

Post by luddite » Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:48 am

Phil wrote:Congratulations Greece!!

Wow, Euro 2004 was great, it really got me excited about football, I need to watch it more often!
It was the most unusual international tournament I've ever seen :!: And quite disappointing to see all the old guard fail miserably early on (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, England etc).

Cant help feeling a little short changed by this tournament :cry:

Still congrats to Greece :!:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:02 am

So what now for the previously unknown Greek "Stars"..?

Their German manager will probably be give the task of trying to stop the partying and sober up the Greek population/work force so they can still complete the Olympic sites by the middle of next month. :wink:
But what about the players..?
A few ideas here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 860041.stm

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 am

luddite wrote:It was the most unusual international tournament I've ever seen :!: And quite disappointing to see all the old guard fail miserably early on (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, England etc).

Cant help feeling a little short changed by this tournament :cry:

Still congrats to Greece :!:
Yeah, and Ronaldo crying made my evening! :twisted:
What a "talent"! :wink:
PS: My player of the match: Jimmy Jump :ochesey:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:37 am

Well non of us got it right..nobody bet on the Greeks...but one guy in UK did and he made a cool 330 thousand pounds.
The first bet of £4,000 had been placed on 23 June when Greece were still 50-1 outsiders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3865715.stm