Don't look here if you are French

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
JasonS

Post by JasonS » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:03 am

Oooh...this guy knows how to be controversial :shock:

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 848181.stm

Cantona blasts France

Cantona spent over five years in England at Leeds and Man Utd

Eric Cantona has revealed he was cheering on England in Euro 2004 after branding France as "arrogant".
Cantona told Record newspaper: "I am French but I was supporting England. I was sad Portugal won - for me that should have been the final.

"It's my country but I don't want to know about France - I was born there but I feel English.

"They (the French) are arrogant and selfish and always need people to tell them they are the best."

The former Manchester United star also criticised the negative attitude of the French.

He said: "(In England) when a player is good like (Wayne) Rooney, they say he is good, they give him an incentive, they support him - the team-mates as well as the fans.

"The French have only negative things to say about everything and everyone."

½Image½Image

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 am

Not really.
In France noone cares for him. He was never seen as a very good football player in France, only in England through his time at ManU.
Of course its funny to hear "they say he is good, they give him an incentive, they support him" when you see the things they said about Beckham after the EC. :ochesey:
Besides he seems to be a real prick in his real life too (I worked with one of his cousins years ago and he was telling me nice stories from family reunions where Mister Cantona made an ass out of himself with his arrogance).
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:00 pm

There is noone more arrogant than Cantona... The Brits can keep him, especially if that means he will stop acting in French films... :lol:
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

shazman

Post by shazman » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:06 pm

he played for Man Utd and was French, theres nooooo way he'd be popular in Britain :wink:
Image Image Anteeksi, olen ulkomalainen!