Euro 2004 "The Other Awards"

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:25 am

So Starting with the "Best Dive."....and then "Worst Kit"..how many do you disagree with..??

My favorite is for the poorest excuse for getting the go home early ticket Wiiners...Italy...
with the great response...
"Look, there are more than 20 words in Italian for "fix", and not a single one in Swedish. That's all you need to know. !" :lol:

Next best is the Worst TV direction...

"Ronaldo's taken the corner short, you say? To Maniche?

Nah, I wouldn't bother showing that. He's never going to do anything from there..... oh... opps..!"

daah you read them ....see what you think..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 859921.stm

What about...MOST OVER-RATED PLAYER ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

luddite

Re: Euro 2004 "The Other Awards"

Post by luddite » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:38 am

PeterF wrote:What about...MOST OVER-RATED PLAYER ?
Milan Baros

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:52 am

Most under-rated?..suppose he got to be a Greek..
See that one of them is on his way to Portsmouth...Pompey chairman Milan Mandaric told BBC Radio Solent that he is flying to Greece on Wednesday to speak with the Panathinaikos skipper Angelos Basinas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 869239.stm

simon

Re: Euro 2004 "The Other Awards"

Post by simon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:57 am

luddite wrote:
PeterF wrote:What about...MOST OVER-RATED PLAYER ?
Milan Baros
Rooney

Im sick to death of all the press he is recieving.

Hes good but come on

Day in day out in Uk last two weeks hes been on the back page.

Enoughs enough

luddite

Post by luddite » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:00 pm

Agreed. And now Chelsea have said they're not interested watch that £50,000,000 price tag drop ;-)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:11 pm

luddite wrote:Agreed. And now Chelsea have said they're not interested watch that £50,000,000 price tag drop ;-)

I second that motion although he is still worth a pound or two.. :wink:

Mourinho said: "It is not just too much money, I think we have other priorities in terms of players and positions.

"Rooney is a wonderful attacking player, but he is not a target man. He plays with free movement just behind; we have others with these qualities."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 867047.stm

Like many Prem managers..Mourinho also is in the big hunt for Class Central defender..as the Finns say.. Hyvä Toppari.. A Good buffer man....one who can also stand tall and ready for the corner kicks.. both in attack and defence.

simon

Post by simon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:32 pm

I thought Sol had a good tournament and felt a bit disapointed that his goal was ruled out.

Luddite what did you make of the decision. According to the press in England they were robbed and this went on again for about a week after the game.

Like the Ozzies call the brits

Whinging poms..........and they are right.

The Scum even post the refs email address so that you could complain to him directly, and I think another paper posted his mobile number!!!!

GET over it

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:37 pm

simon wrote:I thought Sol had a good tournament and felt a bit disapointed that his goal was ruled out.

According to the press in England they were robbed and this went on again for about a week after the game.

Whinging poms..........and they are right.

The Scum even post the refs email address so that you could complain to him directly, and I think another paper posted his mobile number!!!!

GET over it
This discusion has been run around in another thread...consensus of opinion was that Terry was obstructing the Portugueese keeper..(had his hand on his shoulder) so the Ref was correct, the British press as usual were out of order.

luddite

Post by luddite » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:44 pm

simon wrote:Luddite what did you make of the decision.
I only saw it when the game was on. Not seen it since. But as far as I can recall I wasn't convinced either way.

I does piss me off when people accuse the ref of costing them the game over one incident though. The game is over 90 minutes (120 in this game). Portugal had 65% of possession.

The press hype England up every tournament. Loads of people you never normally see showing an interest in football suddenly become experts on the game. Then they cant believe or handle it when England lose.

If they bothered to take an interest for the 2 years when there isn't an international tournament they would realise that England were never going to win this tournament :lol:

Im looking forward to the real deal in about 5 weeks mate 8)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:56 pm

I have just received through the post (from my son) what appears to be a genuine England Football shirt..it has what appears to be an official label on the waist panel announciing it as "official England 2003/2005"..made by Umbro....thing that puzzles me (appart from the fact that it actualy fits me :wink: ) is that it is reversable..one can turn it inside out to make a diifferent variation colour scheme/patern...One way there is the England three lions central chest the other the St Georges cross...??
By the way...On asking my son he insist it did not fall off the back of a lorry :roll: .....but that they are being sold off dead cheap now the football mania is over..reduced from £35 to £15...there is no name/number on this one apparently number 7 Beckham shirts are only £10..kid dont want them anymore :roll:

simon

Post by simon » Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:25 pm

I remember a while back Peter that the new Englang shirt was indeed reversable. Just another clever marketing plan.

Luddite should we start another monster footie thread now that the season will be upon us soon.

Our boys have bought Rommedahl, IIRC he is not a bad player. so maybe europe this season after all.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:58 am

simon wrote:Our boys have bought Rommedahl, IIRC he is not a bad player. so maybe europe this season after all.
He is a bit quick... :roll:
http://www.thefa.com/euro2004/Teams/Pos ... medahl.htm

10.2 over 100 meters..thats close to 30 kph.. there is a small ? mark on fittness/injury prone..PSV found his 2003/04 season blighted by injury.
Probably running into a big clogging number 5 at 30 kph when you only weight 68 kilo hurts a bit!
But..The Addicks pulled off something of a coup to land Rommedahl, and he should prove to be a fine acquisition.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player?id=11070&cc=5739

simon

Post by simon » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:34 am

Indeed a fine acquisition, what with that money from Scottie Parker burning a pocket in AC pocket Im sure there will be a few more signings this summer.

I see Ronaldo wants to go to Spurs....................Is he mad :!:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 14,00.html[/url]

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:18 am

The Addicts have not finished with the summer spending spree..
Another 1 M investment this time a defender.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 885449.stm

simon

Post by simon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:42 am

PeterF wrote:The Addicts have not finished with the summer spending spree..
Another 1 M investment this time a defender.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 885449.stm

ALthough Im not exactly sure what this guy is like, but all in all promising to see that we are strenghting the squad, we sure as hell need it.

Would like to see whos next.