Shrek

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.

Where will Rooney be playing next season?

Everton
75%
Manchester United
25%
Chelsea
No votes
Real Madrid
No votes
Barcelona
No votes
AC Milan
No votes

Total votes: 4

luddite

Shrek

Post by luddite » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:17 pm

Only 6 teams could afford the price tag I reckon.

Shrek

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:39 am

Hell be at MU

you knows it

visit

http://www.youknowsit.co.uk

Is what I am currently listening too

I wonder if Gavin is

luddite

Post by luddite » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:53 am

I dont think he will:
Bobby Charlton wrote:"Wayne Rooney is a great player, but he's not our player

"I think he's quite happy at Everton and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't stay there.

"David Gill (United's chief executive) has already said that Wayne is not for us. We have long-term plans and we are a bit careful, we don't just throw money away.

"There are good players available that sometimes you have to go for, but at the moment Alex has not come to us demanding: 'Let's have Wayne Rooney'. We are quite satisfied with what we've got."
I'll have a look at your link now mate :!:

luddite

Post by luddite » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:57 am

Heres a round up of the other bollocks:
The Sunday Mirror:

Sign of things to come? Wayne Rooney has risked the wrath of his fellow Evertonians by signing a Manchester United shirt as his new contract saga continues.

This new United away shirt, currently up for auction on e-Bay, is advertised as having Rooney's autograph emblazoned for all to see and last night had a sale price of £75. The seller, who is based in Manchester, insists that the item is genuine and will come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

The Mail on Sunday report that Newcastle will bid £30million for him. They will partly fund this from the sale of Kieron Dyer. They also report that Elvis has been spotted on Shergar.

The People:

David Moyes said: "Tell me why I should give up on the best young player in Europe? I will fight to the very end to keep him at Goodison - I'm certainly not going to give him up easily."

He continued: "It would be special for me if I could make Wayne captain of Everton. Maybe not now, but certainly by the time he is 20. That would be something special for Wayne and it would be special for me if I could give him that honour. Wayne is worshipped at Everton and when that happens at your boyhood club it's a special, unique feeling.

"If we think Wayne is right then he will play. But there will be times when he won't - and the best players at Man United and Arsenal have to accept that sometimes they will be given a breather.

"Sometimes it seems when Fergie rests Cristiano Ronaldo it's the right thing to do - but when I don't start with Wayne I get slaughtered. People forget that he's still only 18.

''He is not the finished article by any means. He has a lot to learn as a player, a professional and as a man as well - and he accepts all that."

NOTW:

Wayne Rooney has infuriated the Everton board with a bombshell letter demanding to see the debt-ridden club's finances.

England's teenage sensation is refusing to accept a new five-year deal until he has seen proof the club can afford him — and has the money to build for the future.

Rooney's letter is a below-the-belt blow for Everton chiefs battling to stop their superstar striker joining Manchester United or Spanish giants Real Madrid.

An Everton insider said: "It's incredible that an 18-year-old who we've helped turn into a superstar — should think he has the right to confidential information about our finances.

"If Wayne was planning a takeover of the club we could understand it."

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:36 am

So basicaly you have to play 2 good matches and you are a "superstar" nowadays? :roll:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:46 am

pierrot wrote:So basicaly you have to play 2 good matches and you are a "superstar" nowadays? :roll:
Yep as long as those two games are against shyte defences and you score a long range wonder goal against a 36 year old goal keeper who doesn't even have a club contract ;-)