Looks like the ref was right

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:54 pm

Looking at this, the keeper was clearly being impeded.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

pierrot

Re: Looks like the ref was right

Post by pierrot » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:16 pm

luddite wrote:Looking at this, the keeper was clearly being impeded.
Wow, and that only took you 3 weeks to find out? :twisted: :ochesey:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:37 pm

pierrot wrote:Wow, and that only took you 3 weeks to find out? :twisted: :ochesey:
:mrgreen: Seriously mate no replays on Finnish TV and I was bladdered when the match was on ;-) How the hell The Sun got away with starting a terror campaign on that ref on the strength of that defies belief :lol:

simon

Post by simon » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:45 am

It wasnt just the Scum. It was every media form in the UK, although the Scum were at the heart of it. I think the Star gave out his mobile number!!!!!

Watched the game on the BBC and they were well against the ref after that which didnt help. Ian Wright was adamant that it was a goal, heck he even had tears in his eyes.

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:22 am

luddite wrote:How the hell The Sun got away with starting a terror campaign on that ref on the strength of that defies belief :lol:
No, it doesn't. The Scum excells at lies, misinformation and stirring hate campaigns. :evil:

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:10 am

luddite wrote:
pierrot wrote:Wow, and that only took you 3 weeks to find out? :twisted: :ochesey:
:mrgreen: Seriously mate no replays on Finnish TV and I was bladdered when the match was on ;-) How the hell The Sun got away with starting a terror campaign on that ref on the strength of that defies belief :lol:
It wasnt the sun that sent 16.000 hatemails to that guy and made death-threats. :wink:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:15 am

pierrot wrote:It wasnt the sun that sent 16.000 hatemails to that guy and made death-threats. :wink:
Just goes to show, never underestimate the stupidity of the British public. That ref must feel hard done to. It wouldn't be so bad if the decision he made had been a mistake.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:35 am

This BB has a better/clearer photo..
The Goaly was obstructed, Terry´s arm is over his shoulder stopping him from jumping up and catching the Ball . The goal was correctly disallowed.

http://ukfootballforums.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6511

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:42 am

Terry didn't need to do that, Campbell would have scored the goal anyway.
That says it all. That little Chelsea muppet should be the one getting death threats ;-)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:02 am

PeterF wrote:This BB has a better/clearer photo..
The Goaly was obstructed, Terry´s arm is over his shoulder stopping him from jumping up and catching the Ball . The goal was correctly disallowed.

http://ukfootballforums.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=6511
from my post 4 weeks ago in the "Who's going to win Euro 2004?":
"Terry clearly obstructs ricardo in the goalzone. Thats a clear foul.
In some picture you can even see how he has his arm is over Ricardo´s shoulder, making it quite difficult for the portuguese to jump. "

You guys are really quick :ochesey:

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:37 pm

Didn't know it was a race pierrot ;-)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:52 pm

luddite wrote:Didn't know it was a race pierrot ;-)
Nah, more of a "told you so!" 8)

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:46 pm

I told you I'd post my opinion as soon as I saw it again. Well I've not seen the video replay again yet but that photo was enough to convince me.

I know you value my opinion pierrot so I thought it was my civic duty to provide you with it :mrgreen: