Bike shops in Turku/Kaarina??

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
rider1000

Post by rider1000 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm in desperate need of a bike shop near me. I'm a recent transplant from the USA and still finding my way around the city. Would anyone happen to have any recommendations for a good bike shop in town? One that hopefully has an english speaking employee or two, as my Finnish leaves much to be desired :P

Thanks! :D

As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rider1000

Re: Bike shops in Turku/Kaarina??

Post by rider1000 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm just down the hill from Skanssi. So, smack dab between Turku and Kaarina.

Thanks!
As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run.

rider1000

Post by rider1000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:12 am

I'm willing to go a fair distance to a bike shop. Is there one in the city you'd recommend? Or at least somewhere near... :D

rider1000

Post by rider1000 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Awesome! Thanks for your help.

I'm gonna post links to maps of each if anybody else wants to know.

Antin Pyörä

Nummen Pyörä

Pyöräpalvelu Berggren <-- (Edited for the right location)

I hope that works :P
Last edited by rider1000 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kezmale

Post by Kezmale » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 am

The link to berggren is a bit off, it's actually a bit more back towards the city ( link ). Cory is right on the spot though it being pretty much the best bike selling/repair shop (at least by the rates and the work) but the brothers running it are very "Kaurismäkean" and I really doubt whether or not they speak anything else than Finnish by grunts 8) (still, I've had my trusty Helkama bought from there 15years ago and with the mileage on the thing, it still runs pretty perfectly (thanks to their expertise really)). A small store in the house where the owner (the other brother) apparently actually lives in.

Nummen pyörä is semi-expensive but I'd bet that you can get service in English there. (and from the alternatives it's actually closest/ easiest to get to from around where you live)

Another bicycle store (seemed to be a rather big one) has just been opened this summer near Maarian Prisma (can't remember the name of the place but here's a link to where it's at: Random Big Bicycle Store )

Ofcourse, assuming still that with bikes you meant bicycles and not (motor)bikes, right? :D

rider1000

Post by rider1000 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Haha, I did in fact mean bicycles. Thanks a bunch for the help. I do all of my own maintenance, so I just needed a place to find parts really. I think I have a few options now! :D