Basketball (again)

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
kwx

Basketball (again)

Post by kwx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Hello,

I'm living at Vantaa close to the airport and I'm working at Espoo (keilaranta). I'm 23 years old and I'm looking for a place to play basketball.
I used to play basketball in a club since I'm 12 years old and for 9 years. I had 3 to 4 training a week (3h) + 1 to 2 competition a weekend.
It's now 2 years that I stop playing basketball. But I'm still running 7km every 2 days in 35mn (It look like I still have some stamina left :) ! ).
I'm looking for a place to play basketball, meet people and, if possible, be part of a (fix) team /club. I have a car and I'm completly fine driving in the area of "Uusima" (Espoo/Vantaa/Helsinki if my definition is correct right?).

Does anyone have an idea where I could go / who I could contact? (Knowing that I speak only French/English fluently, some German and Spanish but I will learn Finnish at the open university only next year).

ps: I checked the others topics that speak about basketball but it seems like there is no valuable answer(to old,...) / i missed the correct answer / it doesn't fit Uusima / ... If you find something in a topic that I missed, just let me know!

Thank you / Kiitos !

Basketball (again)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

inkku

Re: Basketball (again)

Post by inkku » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 pm

In Otaniemi, they are students but check if they non-students

http://pusbasket.ayy.fi/team/about.php

kwx

Post by kwx » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the link, I will mail / phone / them or check directly there. I will tell you the answer as soon as I know.

tista

Post by tista » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:04 pm

hello,

could u find any team to train/play? i am interested too. i am not so good but not so bad too.
waiting your answer.

kr,
tista
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky? ~Stanislaw J. Lec