Bad news for the bookmakers

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:31 pm

Paul Sturrock was the hot favourite in this event. Probably a big payout in order. Who's next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 590316.stm

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Re: Bad news for the bookmakers

Post by PeterF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:04 am

otyikondo wrote:. Who's next?
Who next? meaning to take the vacant job at Southampton or next to get booted...

To take the job.....
here is the list..based on gosip in various papers..
Former Southampton players Micky Adams and Mark Hughes are in the frame for the manager's job at St Mary's. (Daily Mirror, Daily Mail)

But Saints chairman Rupert Lowe favours a continental-style system, which could open the way for ex-Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier, or fellow Frenchman Philippe Troussier, as director of football. (most rags)

To get booted...?

Bottom of Barclays Premiership table
take your pick...

16 Norwich
17 Portsmouth
18 Birmingham
19 Middlesbrough
20 Crystal Palace

My money is on Redknapp..Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric likes to involve himself too much in team tactics and Harry has a short fuse.

simon

Post by simon » Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:57 am

This sacking was just wrong. I mean he had what 13 games.

That Lowe is nasty, he wanted Hoddle back but he was so unpopular with the fans and players so had to pot for the other choice. I think Sturrocks days were number from day one.

9 managers in 9 years. bit like Villa.

I remember we made a bid for Beatie and Lowe said why go to the Valley we are a bigger club than them. Maybe but we are a more loyal club than yours mate :wink:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:20 am

simon wrote:This sacking was just wrong. I mean he had what 13 games.

That Lowe is nasty, he wanted Hoddle back but he was so unpopular with the fans and players so had to pot for the other choice.
THe Saint message board is a "mixed bag" currently over populated my "Non Fans" whose IQ average is a single digit.
http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php?tno=479

Rupert Lowe - Lower than Low ...is one post..

"What a disgrace. I hope you get relegated now, after the way that idiot chairman of yours has treated Sturrock.

The players were battling like feck at the weekend for 3 points, which is all down to the manager.

Bring back Hoddle and I hope you sink to the lowere depths of "The Championship" or League 4 or whatever Coca-Cola are calling it.

DISGRACEFUL."

simon

Post by simon » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:31 am

Peter are you a saints fan?

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:48 am

simon wrote:Peter are you a saints fan?
No...I have no preferences when it comes to soccer..
Never lived in a "football town" ...
Portsmouth/Brighton were the nearest to my home when I was a kid.
Then I moved to Gloucester where I played with what Luddite calls "the funny egg shaped ball!"... :roll:

luddite

Post by luddite » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:50 am

PeterF wrote:Then I moved to Gloucester where I played with what Luddite calls "the funny egg shaped ball!"... :roll:
Dont worry Peter masturbations not a taboo subject thesedays :thumbsup:

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:55 am

luddite wrote:
PeterF wrote:Then I moved to Gloucester where I played with what Luddite calls "the funny egg shaped ball!"... :roll:
Dont worry Peter masturbations not a taboo subject thesedays :thumbsup:
Joo joo I never felt nervous in the Showers after a Rugby match..but I would advise keeping ones tail end pressed close to the wall if anyone went near a soccer club changing room in anywhere south of a line Salisbury to North Kent.

luddite

Re: Bad news for the bookmakers

Post by luddite » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:15 pm

otyikondo wrote:Paul Sturrock was the hot favourite in this event. Probably a big payout in order. Who's next?
My moneys on Robson. The tool army have had a poor start to the season. The players seem disgruntled and he appears to be losing it big time ;-)

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:06 pm

Rooney's possible move to Newcastle has also caused problems within the Tyneside club after Craig Bellamy said he would have to consider his position if the club buys another striker.

Bellamy said: "I love playing for Newcastle and I love everything about the club, but if Wayne Rooney comes, I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere."

His comments led his manager Sir Bobby Robson castigating his player for making such comments in public.

"If he is publicly saying that, then I am publicly replying to him, but I will tell him that face-to-face," Robson said. "What does he want to do? Does he want to be the manager or does he want to be the player?"

The spat is the latest argument Robson has had with one of his senior players following a rift with Alan Shearer over the arrival of Patrick Kluivert and Kieron Dyer's refusal to play on the wing.

The club's fans are also concerned that the board is targeting Rooney despite the need to replace the defender Jonathan Woodgate, who was sold to Real Madrid last week.

luddite

Post by luddite » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:09 pm

William Hill have made Sir Bobby Robson 5/2 favourite to be the next Premiership manager to leave his club - while Everton boss David Moyes is 7/1 third favourite to succeed the game's elder statesman as boss at St James' Park. And Sir Bobby is 8/11 with Hills to be manager of Newcastle when they run out for their final Premiership game of this season, Evens no longer to be there.

'Punters seem to think that a combination of indifferent results and a number of off the field issues could see Sir Bobby call it a day at Newcastle' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.

Hills make Alan Shearer 5/6 favourite to become the next permanent manager of Newcastle, with Steve Bruce 4/1 second favourite. Martin O'Neill is 9/1, with Gordon Strachan at 12/1.David Moyes is now 3/1 second favourite to be the next boss to go with Hills who also offer 7/2 Kevin Keegan; 11/1 Souness; 12 Redknapp; 20/1 no more to go.

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:13 pm

PeterF wrote:... to North Kent.
Kent :?: Isn't that what posh girls have betwen their legs :twisted: