Greek tossers sabotage 200m final

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
steev

Post by steev » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:21 pm

Did anyone see the men's 200m final on TV today? ... the crowd whistled, jeered and generally tried to bollox up the race just cos their man (Kostas Kenteris) allegedly skinned his knee while riding around town on a moped, and so was unable to pisz in a bottle for the drugs test. (presumably he also had stage fright earlier in Chicago when the testers were trying to find him).

What a bunch of aszholes. :evil: :evil:

Kenteris had previously commented "oh ... my knee, I'm innocent but I can't do the test because ... [speeds off on moped]"

The crowd basically just messed with the heads of 7 guys who have been training and working for years for that moment ... what had the other competitors done to deserve it ... apart from actually taking their required drug tests?

Asssszzhooooooooles!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:02 am

Agree 100%. I was a touch surprised that the Finnish commentators did not pick up on the REASON for the noise, or even comment on the sizeable amount of derisive whistling and boos involved. Just commented the crowd was "rowdy". Were they being overly discreet? It was as plain as a pikestaff what was going on - and it wasn't the first time. Semi-finals were just the same.

And the Greek TV station was pretty off, spreading rumours about the triple jumper who beat their woman. Then again, it's hardly very different from the home fans doing everything in their power to put off the away team's penalty-taker, is it?

But you have to hand it to that Hungarian discus thrower - managed to toss the thing a long way despite having a bag up his Khyber Pass and a rubber hose strapped to his winkle. Think what he could do if he wasn't hampered.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:02 am

Welcome to the world of professional sports...

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:35 am

Seems that the runner were told to expect that the Greek cowd were going to make some gesture and were well prepeared for it..
http://www.athens2004.com/en/LatestNews ... 002b130c0a____

Shawn CRAWFORD (USA)

On trying to start the raced with the crowd screaming and protesting about the story of 2000 Olympic champion Konstantinos KEDERIS (GRE):

"Justin (GATLIN) and I were well informed by our coach that something like this might happen. We were very well prepared for that. So we stayed focused and waited for the race to start"

By the way Finland won their second medal a silver in the wrestling..
Alexandr DOKTURISHVILI (UZB) took gold in the -74kg category over Marko YLI-HANNUKSELA (FIN).

"He was just better," said YLI-HANNUKSELA.

DOKTURISHVILI won 4-1.

kwallette

Post by kwallette » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:22 am

Let's not forget that Kenteris got into the HORRIFIC :wink: accident AFTER he had already failed to appear for the piss test. Shame on him.

But it was a rather annoying crowd last night. Kudos to the runners, though, for being able to not let it rattle them.
I was just doing it, you stupid woman. I just put it down to come here to be reminded by you to do what I'm already doing! I mean what's the point of reminding me to do what I'm already doing...

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:31 am

Non niin...Kenteris has spoken...He says he was delighted by the protest...
I hope that the International Athletics Committee remember that comment when dishing out the punishment for his "cheating"...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... 603894.stm

BBC commentator Steve Cram said the crowd's behaviour was "disgraceful".
I await some critical comment on the Greek Olympic www site...But nothing....
http://www.athens2004.com/

simon

Post by simon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:16 am

PeterF wrote:
By the way Finland won their second medal a silver in the wrestling..
Alexandr DOKTURISHVILI (UZB) took gold in the -74kg category over Marko YLI-HANNUKSELA (FIN).

"He was just better," said YLI-HANNUKSELA.

DOKTURISHVILI won 4-1.
Yeah i watched that. The Finnish guy just looked nackered

gavin

Post by gavin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:35 am

simon wrote: Yeah i watched that. The Finnish guy just looked nackered
At least Matti Vanhanen looked like he was enjoying himself

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:45 am

gavin wrote:At least Matti Vanhanen looked like he was enjoying himself
Looking at the photo in today's Helsingin Sanomat I'd say his wife wasn't.
[img:1n9ojkdk]images/pics/flags/au.gif[/img:1n9ojkdk]

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:57 am

simon wrote:
Not half as nackered as Steve Backley looked...
Comments in the Pub seemed to infer that he might have renewed his relationship with ex GF...Heli Koivula the Finnish tripple jumper..she was off form also :roll: "Kenties Steven keihäs on ollut Helissa taas!" :wink:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic ... 602982.stm

simon

Post by simon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:31 pm

PeterF wrote:
simon wrote:
Comments in the Pub seemed to infer that he might have renewed his relationship with ex GF...Heli Koivula the Finnish tripple jumper..she was off form also :roll: "Kenties Steven keihäs on ollut Helissa taas!" :wink:
Isnt she married to a Saouth African

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:38 pm

simon wrote:
PeterF wrote:
simon wrote:
Isnt she married to a Saouth African
She is married now. his name is..Krugger...But her and Steve were engaged for 2 years...(My Finnish mates seem to think that Steve and Heli are "still good friends" :roll: )

nikkhendrix

Post by nikkhendrix » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:39 pm

I think the people who were booing should remember that their HERO has dodged TWO drug tests. All he hadda do was take a little 'pee pee' and he would have been able to partipitate.
WONDER WHY HE HAS NOT DONE IT? :roll:
The Greek women who won the 400 meters also defended KK saying he was treated unfairly........
AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? ? :shock:

AlariC

Post by AlariC » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:16 pm

Do you think that Kenteris and Katerina Thanou were the only athletes who had taken some more “pills”? More than half of athletes at this Olympics have used doping. The challenge is not to be “fast, strong, and go higher” but to hide well your secret (which is doping of course…).

Greeks are very good spectators (except some rare cases). Remember men’s gymnastic when Alexey Nemov was almost perfect at horizontal bar, but he took a very low grade. The spectators were whistling for about 10 minutes, until Nemov requested them to stop!!

As for Alexandr DOKTURISHVILI, he is from Georgia and he was certainly better than Marko YLI-HANNUKSELA… All these men who come from Caucasus are almost unbeatable at wresting.
"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."
(James 1:5)

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:30 pm

PeterF wrote:BBC commentator Steve Cram said the crowd's behaviour was "disgraceful".
I await some critical comment on the Greek Olympic www site...But nothing....
Fair is fair the Greek Organiser now say the Greek crowd was out of order..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic ... 604538.stm