Wed morning 2am - Lets go crazy Finland!!

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
JasonS

Post by JasonS » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:23 pm

The excitement is building.....it's nearly here - The World Cup of Hockey Final - Canada vs. Finland

Its probably the most important ice hockey game Finland's ever played. I won't be missing the possibility of little Finland being crowned the best hockey nation in the World live on tv(nelonen). This time the North Americans cant give the usual excuse that they are below strength and missing their NHL stars. Whatever the result the leijonat boys have already done the country proud by getting that far.

I'll try to catch a few zzzd's before watching the game as its work the next day but I dont care if i cant sleep, i wont be the only bleary eyed one around Helsinki on Wednesday.

Go for it Saku, Teemu, Jere, Miikka and the rest!! Hit them hard!

HYVÄ SUOMI!!!!!

½Image½Image

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Mora

Post by Mora » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:36 pm

Does anyone know of good bar/restaurant/nightclub that will show the game, something else than Sports Academy?

mookoo

Post by mookoo » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:24 am

I want to watch that game too! I gave quite a cheer when I heard that Finland had beat the USA (don't tell my friends)! Now its time to whoop those maple-syrup-eating--"eh"-saying--French-speaking--dog-sledding--igloo-building Canadians! (And if you are Canadian ... please don't hurt me :D I love my neighbors to the north ... really I do)

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:55 am

i reckon most of finland will be at home, catching up on some sleep wednesday morning :)

going to have to watch the game though, what better way to integrate :)

becca

Post by becca » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:14 am

I live out of town and don't have a TV. That and it is really raining in Oulu today makes it a bit hard to watch the game. The local pub may be showing it, haven't checked yet as it is not open. I do have a good internet connection though - does anyone know if it is being transmitted on the net, and if so where?

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:38 am

i dont think you'll find a live internet TV feed but CBC are doing live radio streaming of the whole game

http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/program/ ... Time=19:05

good luck trying to watch it!
½Image½Image

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:45 am

Sorry, thats no good either. Maybe try knocking on a few friendly neighbours doors!!

Please note:
Due to Internet rights restrictions regarding the World Cup of Hockey, CBC Radio One signals on CBC.ca will be unavailable during the semi-final and final games on Sep. 10, 11 and 14. CBC Radio One signals will stop approximately 30 minutes before game time and will resume within an hour after the game ends. CBC Radio Two will be available without restriction on CBC.ca during this time.
½Image½Image

yaxxi

If they only win...

Post by yaxxi » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:19 pm

Good luck for Finland tonight!!!!
yaxxi Image Image

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:51 pm

My kids want to watch the game (LIVE) tonight. I don't really have a problem with that BUT in the newspaper the TV coverage is from 1 a.m. until about 5 a.m.. I would rather they didn't stay up ALL night. Can anyone give me a rough guide as to when the THIRD period will start (that's Espoo local time please)?????????

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:09 pm

penelope wrote: THIRD period will start (that's Espoo local time please)?????????
The match actualy starts at 2AM.
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/tv/tv.asp?kanava=Nelonen
each period lasts approx 35-40 minutes there is 15 minutes between periods..
Daah...second period starts approx 3AM..third approx 4 am..

alloydog

Post by alloydog » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:10 pm

becca wrote:I live out of town and don't have a TV. That and it is really raining in Oulu today makes it a bit hard to watch the game. The local pub may be showing it, haven't checked yet as it is not open. I do have a good internet connection though - does anyone know if it is being transmitted on the net, and if so where?
I think Hannu Krankka's in Liminka will show, plus it'll probably on a tele at the Tupos ABC service station (open 24 hours a day & has a bar!)

yaxxi

snif snif

Post by yaxxi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:55 am

snif snif, leijonat didnt make it...

but still they are the best!
yaxxi Image Image

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:30 am

Well, in the end they didn't quite have enough to beat the Canucks at their own game in their own back yard, but I think this link sums up the story for finland.

Link:Finland wins hockey world's respect

For me though Tuomo Ruutu's brilliant goal was well worth staying up for.

Hyvä Suomi!
½Image½Image

becca

Post by becca » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:56 am

JasonS wrote:Sorry, thats no good either. Maybe try knocking on a few friendly neighbours doors!!
kiiti sweety, watched it at a neighbours. a good experience.

JasonS

Post by JasonS » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:16 pm

becca wrote: kiiti sweety, watched it at a neighbours. a good experience.
kiitos moskiitos, well done for embracing finnish culture.
½Image½Image