Badminton - looking for partners

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
isabelle_proulx

Post by isabelle_proulx » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:55 pm

Hi!
I just arrived here in Finland and I would really like to play badminton. In the last few years, I have been playing badminton three to four times a week. Does anyone need a partner or knows a group of people that plays on a regular basis. If anybody has any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Isabelle

Isabelle Proulx

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

acwan

Re: Badminton - looking for partners

Post by acwan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:24 pm

isabelle_proulx wrote:Hi!
I just arrived here in Finland and I would really like to play badminton. In the last few years, I have been playing badminton three to four times a week. Does anyone need a partner or knows a group of people that plays on a regular basis. If anybody has any information it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Isabelle
You may be in luck. Try the Helsinki School of Economics (if you are in the area that is). They have badminton classes and gym practices I believe (at designated times each week).
Last edited by acwan on Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

steev

Post by steev » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:34 pm

Hi Isabelle,

I don't know if you speak Finnish ... if not, get someone to have a look at this site-it's the Finnish badminton leaue ... there should be a list of clubs in HKI/Vantaa/Espoo (and elsewhere). Or call the office - 09 34812287 - it was a nice lady who speaks English when I phoned, maybe she can give you more info.

It might be easier to choose a place near you, then try it from there. There should be some e-mail addresses of clubs. Some are more serious than others, but if you want to play alot, it might be the best way to go.

There are also tournaments etc if you're really into it.

http://www.sulkapallo.org

This is the list of clubs - http://www.sulkapallo.fi/ssul.php?sivu= ... teystiedot - unfortunately they don't list the websites, but I know most clubs have one, which contains info about where they play etc.

meenfreem

Post by meenfreem » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:17 am

there's a badminton team/club/sportsplace in the citycentre... gloria building (or area at least)

google it, you'll end up with loads of stuff for badminton.