Keith Miller dies

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
PeterF

Keith Miller dies

Post by PeterF » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:32 pm

I would like to draw the attention to all cricket fans to this sad news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket ... 732532.stm

I once had the honour to meet Keith Miller..he was then at top of his career and I was a snotty nosed 14 year old.
He was sitting under a tree watching a village green cricket match in Sussex, and enjoying a pint...Nobody noticed him ...except me..I went up and stood beside him and boldly but politely asked... "excuse me sir are you by any chance Mr Keith Miller the Australian bowler..?"
He replied.."No young man I am Keith Miller the Australian Batsman...at least thats what I have been trying to prove to the selectors!"
I was quick with my respose..
"But Ausies have plenty of good batsmen perhaps you should concentrate on your bowling!"
.. he laughed and motioned me to join him, and I sat with him and chatted about all things from Don Bradman to Kangeroos..while he finished his beer.
He then stood to leave.."Nice meeting you young fellar"..

"good luck with the test series sir" I replied..

"Come off it you dont really mean that do you? you would like us to get our tails bowled off wouldn't you young pommie!" He ruffled my hair and strood off toward the beer tent.

Keith Miller dies

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

nikkhendrix

Post by nikkhendrix » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:38 am

In the Caribbean, people always quarrel about who the greatest all rounders are....Sobers, Imran. Botham, Dev etc
Millers name ALWAYS came up
RIP