Football in Finland Europe and the World

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:38 pm

Bottom three:

Leicester
Wolverhampton
Portsmouth

found this yesterday: http://www.manutd.ru/ :lol:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

simon

Post by simon » Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:56 pm

Fulham
Leicester
MAN UTD ....Amen

Found this top tip for Olly

TOP TIP FOR MAN UTD FANS:

Don't waste money on expensive new kits each season, simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support!
taken from

http://www.diamond-geezer.org.uk/wehate.htm

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:05 pm

:roll: :lol:

Whats this about then?
Only 1’000 tickets for the Valley

Charlton have dropped our allocation to 1’000 tickets for
the match on September 13th, citing 2 years of trouble as
the reason.

simon

Post by simon » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:20 pm

Thats because of the north south divide and Im not talking about england. Too many north london supporters or as someone else put it:

Why do Man Utd fans stand up at Old Trafford?

A) Well you would after that long journey from Croydon

simon

Post by simon » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:31 pm

Taken from the
Feyenord V Man Utd game

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:33 pm

simon wrote:Thats because of the north south divide and Im not talking about england. Too many north london supporters or as someone else put it:
seriously? North London United supporters kicking off with South London fans? The price of success eh? They'll all be Chelski fans soon anyway :wink: Until Red Rom gets bored or killed in some suspect russian mafia hit :roll:

Ace

Post by Ace » Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:43 pm

:lol: Quality
simon wrote:Taken from the
Feyenord V Man Utd game

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:48 pm

Nice start, Sol Campbell red carded he'll get a ban 8) Giggsy's banged in a free kick :) Im glad Tim Howard's started and not Barthez, I reckon the Americans going to be a good un for us :!: Im undecided whether to pick him or Cudicini for my Fantasy league team :?:
Last edited by Ace on Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace

Post by Ace » Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:07 pm

Booyah 8) Lets see how you get on against City tommorow then Simon :wink: This is the game of the weekend I reckon though :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:29 am

Fergie chasing 14-year-old Adu

Ian Whittell
Sunday August 17, 2003
The Observer

Manchester United have opened talks to sign American teenager Freddy Adu. At just 14, Adu is considered the world's hottest teenage football property after recently agreeing a $1million (£630,000) sponsorship deal with Nike.
On Thursday, United had scouts in Lahti, Finland when Adu scored a hat-trick for the United States in a 6-1 win over South Korea in the under-17 World Cup. They had an even closer look last week when Adu scored and laid on a goal as the American youngsters beat United's under-18s in a warm-up match at the Reds' Carrington training ground.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already been in touch with Adu's mother and with Arnold Tarzy, the family's adviser and the player's former coach.

Adu has created a buzz never before seen in a player so young. Last week, as well as a match-winning display against the United side, the striker scored three goals in 24 minutes against Blackburn Rovers' under-18s and a penalty against Australia's youth team in another friendly.

Scouts from all over the world will again be on hand in Lahti this afternoon when the Americans play their second game of the tournament, against Sierra Leone.

Adu's agent Richard Motzkin said: 'Every top professional club in the world will have people at this tournament. Clubs like to sign players young. This is the youngest [in terms of age group] tournament of its kind, and it will be well attended by scouts, agents and club officials.'

Motzkin is expected to hold preliminary talks with clubs in Finland this week, but the Premiership champions believe they have stolen an important lead because of Ferguson's contact with Adu's family. They have also signed his USA under-17 team-mate Jonathan Spector and have their eyes on midfielder Danny Szetela, at 16 the second youngest person on the team behind Adu.

Adu was born in Ghana but moved to the States after his mother won a lottery to acquire a coveted Green Card that allows her to work there. She has already turned down a lucrative offer from Internazionale - made when Adu was just 13 - because she wanted him to finish high school in America.

Under Premier League rules, Adu could only join United's youth academy and then sign a professional contract at 17. A move may depend on whether the youngster is willing to relocate. 'He may not be willing to do that, and his development may be better served at the moment by staying put,' said a United source.

But another factor in United's favour is the link with sportswear giants Nike. Adu spent time with Ferguson and United at Nike's headquarters in Oregon during the Reds' summer tour last month.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 22,00.html

simon

Post by simon » Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:15 am

Well what did I say 3 goddam nil.....Three years on the trot :twisted:

You had a good start.

Ill come back with more

simon

Post by simon » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:10 pm

Looks like we are the only football heads in this group.

Does this say something about our members????

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:13 pm

There's a couple more infrequent posters, one celtic fan and a leeds fan I can think of from the top of my head. More will probably turn up :wink: Im waiting on a scouser so I can take the piss a bit :wink: What did you reckon to chelsea yesterday then? Reckon they're in with a shout of the title? Did city look like they might get a top 6 finish? (I haven't seen any of that game yet)

simon

Post by simon » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:20 pm

Not sure about Chelsea just yet, although good win, havent seen any of that game or anyothers for that matter. trying to find some links at the moment.

City could be a top 6 at least Mark Lawerenson seems to think so, not too sure myself dodgy defence and all that not too consistant.

did you see the MU v Bolton game?

Ace

Post by Ace » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:28 pm

No. All the united fans I know who've seen it are raving on about this young Ronaldo we just signed, he's only 18 though so not sure how he's going to pan out. Seen a few of the goals, Hasselbainks looked alright, I dont think he's finished (like the press seem to be making out).

After yesterday Chelsea have me a bit worried. But its only the first game. Felt the same about Liverpool last season after watching their first game when they had been shopping in the summer and they were crap by their standards.

Did you see Henry's celebrations in front of the Everton fans. V funny :lol: Sol Campbells ban could be a bit longer than one game too 8)
Last edited by Ace on Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.