Football in Finland Europe and the World

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:26 pm

pierrot wrote:Wiltord is still an active player int he national team. He played all friendlies last year, but not this year´s Belgium-France one.
He also played most games in the confederation cup last summer.
His main problem is that you have plenty of very good french midfielders like Zidane, Pires, Makelele or Vieira to name just the best known ones.
I like Wiltord very much, already before his goal vs Italy in 2000 :D
I thought he was a striker? I'd play him and Henry up front with Zidane in the hole.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:29 pm

I see a Germany vs Spain final. Germany will win despicte the hoem crowd support for spain. :lol:
Otherwise I do hope France does not win. I have developed a strong dislike for those guys, don't know why :(

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:30 pm

ajdias wrote:Otherwise I do hope France does not win. I have developed a strong dislike for those guys, don't know why :(
Its Pires's dodgy van dyke methinks ajdias ;-)

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:37 pm

Ace wrote: I thought he was a striker? I'd play him and Henry up front with Zidane in the hole.
he is considered as attacking midfielder in France, his "official" position is midfield in the french team. I know he was a great teammate with Henry in Arsenal, but he was slightly forgotten there :(
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:38 pm

ajdias wrote:I see a Germany vs Spain final. Germany will win despicte the hoem crowd support for spain. :lol:
Otherwise I do hope France does not win. I have developed a strong dislike for those guys, don't know why :(
I guess its because some people still can´t cope with the euro 2000´s semi-finals :mrgreen:
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

Ace

Post by Ace » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:43 pm

pierrot wrote:he is considered as attacking midfielder in France, his "official" position is midfield in the french team. I know he was a great teammate with Henry in Arsenal, but he was slightly forgotten there :(
If Saha has a good run at United between now and then I think Wiltord will be on the bench. Arsenal aren't playing him much at all.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:45 pm

pierrot wrote:I guess its because some people still can´t cope with the euro 2000´s semi-finals :mrgreen:
that too.. but I remember a game France vs Bulgaria, 1993, do you? France was in the lead untill minute 87 (well close to the end) and could even afford to draw..
the hero of the night (you say villain :wink: ), his name Kostadinov.. he was a Porto player and I was really proud of him.

And to be honest I've always found them a bit arrogant..

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:54 pm

ajdias wrote: And to be honest I've always found them a bit arrogant..
out of curiosity: who or why exactly?

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:38 pm

pierrot wrote:out of curiosity: who or why exactly?
French in general :wink: well, the air of superiority of some of the players on many occasions " we are good, and we know it". But they are a damn good team and very professionals..
unlike portugal :(

tgabawm

Post by tgabawm » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:26 pm

I remember a game France vs Bulgaria, 1993
Me too... But I tended to dislike Bulgaria... I don't know why
I've always found them a bit arrogant

Code: Select all

We're just good, and we know it..  :wink:  No seriously, we are not arrogant, it's just the reputation we have.

[quote]Parisiens tête de chien - Parigots tête de veau[/quote][/quote]

Glad you know that one  :twisted:  :wink:
If the drop would say "I am unnecesary", there would be no ocean.
(M. Quoist)

simon

Post by simon » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:42 am

ajdias wrote:I see a Germany vs Spain final. Germany will win despicte the hoem crowd support for spain. :lol:
Thats a joke right ajdias :shock:

Germany do not have any good players there apart from Ballack. No strikers. Klose played well in the WC but I doubt he will do the business again. I cant see Germany doing well for a few years yet. I know you cant right off the Germans but I cant see them pulling a rabbit out of the hat this time around.

We all know about Spain, the greatest team never to win anything. Every time they qulify for a major tournament they are close to favourites and never fulfill their quality. Remember the WC getting knocked out by S Korea!!! And Ireland nearlly got past them.

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:29 am

pierrot wrote:Germany has nothing to counter France, they lost 3:0 vs France in a friendly not long ago. Compare Henry and Trezeguet to Neuville and Klose and you will know why.
Lol :lol: Germany's reached more finals than you've had hot dinners. They always look crap before the tournament and then they surprise everyone except the English its no surprise to us anymore :-(
pierrot wrote:I hope Holland will finally manage to get any disputes out of the team. They are missing a clear leader or captain and have too many "superstars".
You know they could hammer you if they ever got their act together ;-)

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:50 am

simon wrote:Thats a joke right ajdias :shock:

Germany do not have any good players there apart from Ballack. No strikers. Klose played well in the WC but I doubt he will do the business again. I cant see Germany doing well for a few years yet. I know you cant right off the Germans but I cant see them pulling a rabbit out of the hat this time around.
Do not underestimate Germany. Those guys might not have big starts but they certainly know how to get their act together.. I am starting to forget things, didn't they get to the final in 02 without major stars?

I don't really know who's going to win. This was more like a guess.. hey Ace isn't it about time to open a poll on this? :wink:

Ace

Post by Ace » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:53 am

ajdias wrote:I don't really know who's going to win. This was more like a guess.. hey Ace isn't it about time to open a poll on this? :wink:
Great idea that mate I'll do it now.

simon

Post by simon » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:35 pm

[quote="ajdias"]
Do not underestimate Germany. Those guys might not have big starts but they certainly know how to get their act together.. I am starting to forget things, didn't they get to the final in 02 without major stars?
[quote]

Yeah thats right but again who did they beat..
Saudi Arabia
Cameroon.........who by all accounts well under achieved this time around.
Paraguay
USA
Korea
Then beaten by Brazil

Not exactly your Hollands or Argentinas are they. Just think if England hadnt thrashed them in Germany with that memorable night that all the brits loved it might have been England in the Final.... :shock: