Tour Skates

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Post Reply
eva888
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Tour Skates

Post by eva888 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:31 am

Hi! I live near the lake and now that has frozen over (yay!) I've seen lots of people skating on it. I've never seen anything like this before - it looks like so much fun. I've only seen the boring ice skating around a circle rink. Anyway, I think it is called Tour Skating - with the poles and everything. Does anyone know where I can get the proper gear for this? :D I'm very eager to learn!


Image

Tour Skates

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Tour Skates

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:53 pm

eva888 wrote:Hi! I live near the lake and now that has frozen over (yay!) I've seen lots of people skating on it. I've never seen anything like this before - it looks like so much fun. I've only seen the boring ice skating around a circle rink. Anyway, I think it is called Tour Skating - with the poles and everything. Does anyone know where I can get the proper gear for this? :D I'm very eager to learn!
First buy should be: http://varuste.net/en/Zandstra+J%E4%E4naskalit
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Redshift
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 pm
Location: Espoo

Re: Tour Skates

Post by Redshift » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 am

Saw the same the other day. Very interesting although I've only been twice to an ice rink, so it's safe to say I'm the worse ice skater in Finland.
How do people know when the ice is thick enough?

Image


jagidog
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 am
Location: west side of Espoo

Re: Tour Skates

Post by jagidog » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Do you mean now those skates with longer blades or just skates for hockey or things like this? I guess some sport stores would sell em like stadium, top sport, inter sport, budget sport. Where are you actually living so i may find something :)


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Tour Skates

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Redshift wrote:How do people know when the ice is thick enough?
Experience. It also helps if you know how water works, where the currents are etc.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Tour Skates

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Upphew wrote:
eva888 wrote:Hi! I live near the lake and now that has frozen over (yay!) I've seen lots of people skating on it. I've never seen anything like this before - it looks like so much fun. I've only seen the boring ice skating around a circle rink. Anyway, I think it is called Tour Skating - with the poles and everything. Does anyone know where I can get the proper gear for this? :D I'm very eager to learn!
First buy should be: http://varuste.net/en/Zandstra+J%E4%E4naskalit
And the answer for original question is the same shop. Probably others too, you are looking for retkiluistimet.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


eva888
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Re: Tour Skates

Post by eva888 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks! I think it actually is safe to say that I am the worst ice skater in Finland haha. I just have never been interested in ice skating before because back in the US it's just going in circles around an ice rink - not fun for me. I will look into getting the stuff and perhaps befriending someone who can show me how to avoid the dangerous places/ use the poles to find them.

Happy Skating everyone!
Image


Post Reply