Sport school job

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Sharna

Sport school job

Post by Sharna » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:33 pm

Gday

Im moving to Helsinki/Vantaa area,(still trying to find a flat) on the Easter weekend. My three priorities are join a language school, join a sports group and find a job. After reading other forums relating to jobs i think joining a sports group may prove to be therapuedic in what looks to be a bit of a nightmare that lay ahead.

I\ll play any sport, prefer team sports like floorball, volleyball, etc and sailing in the summer if anyone can suggest somewhere.

Any links, emails or club details would be great.

Also any social pool groups that may be kickin about, nothin serious, I play once a week here in Copenhagen but we end up doin more drinkin than playin. If anyone knows of something similar id be keen.

Cheers
Sharna

PS Any aussies here, I just got back, and the surf has been beautiful, painful having to leave it! :ohno:

Sport school job

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

RSH

Post by RSH » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:01 pm

Sharna and I managed to find people trying to start a women's touch football team.

It's presently made up of Finnish other halves wondering what to do while their Brit / Aussie / Kiwi men tackle each other, and a few expat girls that desperately need to get out of the house.

If there is anyone that fits that category lurking on this forum or in the life of a man who is part of this forum then please get in touch.

If you need persuading: you won't be the worst player there, I haven't played since I was a teenager, and I can barely make it up to the stairs to my flat! But living in Finland is about doing something different, so why not play a crazy sport while you're at it?!