That Chelski wallah with the ego the size of Putney

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:04 pm

Arsene Wenger, Alex Ferguson, and Jose Mourinho all perish in a
plane crash and go to meet their maker. The supreme deity turns to
Wenger and asks him to tell him what is important to him.
Wenger responds that he feels that the earth is of the ultimate importance
and that protecting the earth's ecological system is most important, far more so than anything man could make or do.

God looks at Wenger and says: "I like the way you think, Arsene. Come and sit at my left hand".

God then asks Ferguson what he reveres most.
Ferguson responds that he feels people and their personal choices are most important.
God responds: "I like the way you think, Alex. Come and sit at my right hand".

God then turns to Mourinho, who is staring at him indignantly, hands on hips.
God asks: "What is your problem, Mourinho?"

To which the great man replies:

"I think you are sitting in my chair".

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:26 pm

wouldn't you have him instead in place of Benitez?
Rafa Benitez is the new Claudio Ranieri - a likeable man who doesn't really know what he's doing
:twisted:

he's damn good.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:54 pm

Mourinho ..Looks as though he is getting a lot of bad press..BBC do not like him..neither do the Refs..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 346509.stm

simon

Post by simon » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:15 pm

nor do most of the people apart from chelsea fans and portuguese and some russian dude, oh I forgot Ashley Cole.

"In fact, Jose Mourinho could barely believe his luck when he stood in the same room alongside Ashley.

"He was looking squarely into his eyes and giving him the big sell. Mourinho said words to the effect: ‘I never dreamt I could consider signing you. You are such a big boy'

"‘You are already the best left-back in the world but I want to see it in your face that you want to play for us.

"‘If you sign for us, you can enjoy the success your skills richly deserve,ooohhhh.

"Join us and you can win everything — the Champions League, the Premier League — everything, EVERYTHING EVERYTHING.'"

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:07 pm

simon wrote:nor do most of the people apart from chelsea fans and portuguese and some russian dude, oh I forgot Ashley Cole.

In fact I know plenty of portuguese who cannot stand Mourinho's guts. I suspect that I could be one of those had he not coached for Porto. Oh glorious times, we were on top of european football for 2 and a half year. yesterday the reign ended and Porto was shown its real place on european football :cry: After loosing 0-4 with some B team from madeira 3-1 down against Adriano does not feel that bad.

I ask you the question I posed to the Namibian guy, would you pass the chance of having Mourinho leading your team? The man is a genius and he hasn't yet got a team that can match Barcelona or Milan (only the defenders are comparable and Cech was a gift from heaven).

meksikosuomen

Post by meksikosuomen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:28 am

Hey!! whats wrong with Chelsea F.C.,, dont you know that is the size of the wallet what really matters!!!!

Barca por siempre!!!!
""Mynna tachton gemasti spuhu somen gelen muta emyna dayda""

meksikosuomen

Post by meksikosuomen » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:29 am

Hey!! whats wrong with Chelsea F.C.,, dont you know that is the size of the wallet what really matters!!!!

Barca por siempre!!!!
""Mynna tachton gemasti spuhu somen gelen muta emyna dayda""

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:40 pm

UEFA have as good as called them cheats and liars..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 367883.stm

Uefa today announced the opening of disciplinary proceedings against Chelsea FC, head coach Jose Mourinho, assistant manager Steven Clarke and security responsible Les Miles for making false declarations.....
By further disseminating these wrong and unfounded statements, Chelsea FC allowed its technical staff to deliberately create a poisoned and negative ambience amongst the teams and to put pressure on the refereeing officials.

Their likely punishment...
"everything from warning or fining Chelsea, to ruling the annulment of the result of the game in question, or throwing the Blues out of the Champions League. "

Any guesses which it will be..?

pierrot

Post by pierrot » Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:51 pm

ajdias wrote:I ask you the question I posed to the Namibian guy, would you pass the chance of having Mourinho leading your team? The man is a genius and he hasn't yet got a team that can match Barcelona or Milan (only the defenders are comparable and Cech was a gift from heaven).
He can be as genius as he wants, he is an arrogant unfair prick and I would hate to see him manage any team I like because of this.
If I would head UEFA I would make sure that guy is banned from any international uefa competition for at least one year for the Frisk-incident.
Here in Finland, I have done everything I can to blend-in with the Finns, I've changed my hair color, wore differnet clothes, got different

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:02 pm

pierrot wrote: If I would head UEFA I would make sure that guy is banned from any international uefa competition for at least one year for the Frisk-incident.
I agree but I doubt it will happen..even though Mourinho deserves it..

Mourinho was quoted as saying on 27 February.
When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's (Frisk's) dressing room I couldn't believe it," .."When Didier Drogba was sent off I didn't get surprised."
Frisk then quit refereeing after receiving death threats from Chelsea supporters and that prompted Volker Roth, the chairman of Uefa's referees' commitee, to call Mourinho "the enemy of football".

simon

Post by simon » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:15 pm

ajdias wrote: I ask you the question I posed to the Namibian guy, would you pass the chance of having Mourinho leading your team? The man is a genius and he hasn't yet got a team that can match Barcelona or Milan (only the defenders are comparable and Cech was a gift from heaven).
Good manager but still I dont like him. If he managed my team does not mean I would have to like him.

Seems like trouble is finding him.

ajdias

Post by ajdias » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:45 pm

meksikosuomen wrote:Hey!! whats wrong with Chelsea F.C.,, dont you know that is the size of the wallet what really matters!!!!

Barca por siempre!!!!
So what's wrong with REAL, MILAN (Ac and Internazionale), JUVE, MANCHESTER, ARSENAL and your BARÇA don't they have deep enough pockets that makes them worth of disgust? Or is it that Chelsea have fresh money and common people can tolerate old, smelly money, even pretend to repect and admire those well established but abhor the newly rch? How can a team get into the CLUB without money? Without it you can't play the UCL and win it - and if you do you're doomed to fall the next year, just see my PORTO or MONACO.
I am not the one to defend whealtier teams, just find it absurd to hit at Chelski in teh name of the old brasoned names.

--

I find it hard to believe that Mourinho lied about Frisk and Rijkaard - he always stretched the limits of the law but never gone quite that far.
Frisk then quit refereeing after receiving death threats from Chelsea supporters and that prompted Volker Roth, the chairman of Uefa's referees' commitee, to call Mourinho "the enemy of football".
And UEFA already took it back "mourinho is no enemy of football". And yes, he should know that there are plenty of idiots around football.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:02 pm

ajdias wrote: I find it hard to believe that Mourinho lied about Frisk and Rijkaard - he always stretched the limits of the law but never gone quite that far.
Hard to believe but UEFA say he lied.

Uefa spokesman William Gaillard said Chelsea's claims were false.
"It is physically impossible for the two people (Mourinho, and assistant manager Steve Clarke) who say they saw Frank Rijkaard enter Anders Frisk's dressing room to actually see the door of the dressing room from where they stood," he said.

William Gaillard also told BBC Five Live that thowing Chelsea out of the Champions League was a possibility.

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:58 am

Todays UK papers are full of it..
Independent:
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football ... ory=622407

"They were basically using lies as a pre-match tactic. They were trying to qualify for the next round by putting pressure on referees and officials through false statements. They were ready to use disloyal methods and, frankly, this is totally and completely unacceptable". William Gaillard, Uefa's director of communications

Gaurdian:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Sto ... 21,00.html
Uefa's disciplinary committee yesterday accused Jose Mourinho of "poisoning" football with the claim that the referee Anders Frisk had spoken in his dressing room with the Barcelona manager Frank Rijkaard

Telegraph:
http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ ... footy.html
UEFA opened disciplinary proceedings with the most harshly worded statement many European football observers can remember.

This is the quality press I dare not check the tabloids.

simon

Post by simon » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:16 am