Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki - KHL

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Post Reply
Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki - KHL

Post by Smedju » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Hockey level is way better than in domestic league.

Go see some great athletes and hockey!

http://www.jokerit.com






Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki - KHL

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Upphew » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Smedju wrote:Hockey level is way better than in domestic league.
After seeing KHL hockey I'm not sure that it is contact sport.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Upphew wrote:
Smedju wrote:Hockey level is way better than in domestic league.
After seeing KHL hockey I'm not sure that it is contact sport.
Referees take hookings/holdings out in KHL. It's not wrestling/holding/hookings like in SM-liiga which destroys hockey for talented players. Still there is good and clean hits in KHL, though Jokerit are taking still easy and trying to stay out of the box as all teams are new for them. KHL has bigger, physical and more skillful players in general. I dont know what games you have been looking at. Jokerit - Lokomotiv regular season game was already in same level that SM-liiga finals. In many parts even better.

If you think SM-liiga's wrestling/holding/hookings hockey is hockey...go watch some NHL too and KHL playoff hockey. You are so clueless.

It's almost like I'm coming to tell you how to play football, cricket or rugby...stay in your own department ;)

Not contact sport?


Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Reloaded with new LED ramps etc.


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Upphew » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Smedju wrote:
Upphew wrote:
Smedju wrote:Hockey level is way better than in domestic league.
After seeing KHL hockey I'm not sure that it is contact sport.
Referees take hookings/holdings out in KHL. It's not wrestling/holding/hookings like in SM-liiga which destroys hockey for talented players. Still there is good and clean hits in KHL, though Jokerit are taking still easy and trying to stay out of the box as all teams are new for them. KHL has bigger, physical and more skillful players in general. I dont know what games you have been looking at. Jokerit - Lokomotiv regular season game was already in same level that SM-liiga finals. In many parts even better.

If you think SM-liiga's wrestling/holding/hookings hockey is hockey...go watch some NHL too and KHL playoff hockey. You are so clueless.

It's almost like I'm coming to tell you how to play football, cricket or rugby...stay in your own department ;)

Not contact sport?


Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Reloaded with new LED ramps etc.
I don't support Töölön Vesa. I dislike them.

I went to see SKA St Petersburg's game, cant recollect now who they played against, It was last winter anyway. I saw 0 hits. 0. Bigger, better players mean nothing if I don't have a team to support. Better game means nothing if I don't have any feelings of attachment to players or teams.

I would like to see the holdings and hookings go away and 60+ hits per game. And I know it ain't gonna happen. Especially with Liiga's amateur referees.

I was in my first hockey game when I was... about 3 years old. I liked meatpies and candy, but most I liked the Zamboni. So I think I have some clue about the game.

Fartwall arena can have all the lights they want. They also have a team I like to see lose, not win. Also the Ice Palace in Pietari is closer than Hartwall arena ;)
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 pm

So you saw 1 game live and make a judgment about the whole league about that game? :shock: I've seen couple NBA/NHL games live too that weren't so great but I don't judge whole league about them. I've seen plenty games from tv to know the actual level of those leagues which is awesome.

KHL is also big league with almost 30 teams so different teams play with different styles and tactics. SKA for example is pure skill team and plays style that suits them best.


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 am

Smedju wrote:So you saw 1 game live and make a judgment about the whole league about that game? :shock: I've seen couple NBA/NHL games live too that weren't so great but I don't judge whole league about them. I've seen plenty games from tv to know the actual level of those leagues which is awesome.

KHL is also big league with almost 30 teams so different teams play with different styles and tactics. SKA for example is pure skill team and plays style that suits them best.
Don't be shocked. I had heard that KHL isn't epitome of physical hockey and that game I saw underlined that. There seems to be more hockey violence, but I prefer spontaneous fights and they alone are not enough to draw me watch a game again.

And same with NHL. I've seen those games only on tv, but they just don't hit me. Yeah, they have the best players, etc etc. I'd like to go and see one game live, but I think that wouldn't draw me to see more.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:47 am

Upphew wrote:
Smedju wrote:So you saw 1 game live and make a judgment about the whole league about that game? :shock: I've seen couple NBA/NHL games live too that weren't so great but I don't judge whole league about them. I've seen plenty games from tv to know the actual level of those leagues which is awesome.

KHL is also big league with almost 30 teams so different teams play with different styles and tactics. SKA for example is pure skill team and plays style that suits them best.
Don't be shocked. I had heard that KHL isn't epitome of physical hockey and that game I saw underlined that. There seems to be more hockey violence, but I prefer spontaneous fights and they alone are not enough to draw me watch a game again.

And same with NHL. I've seen those games only on tv, but they just don't hit me. Yeah, they have the best players, etc etc. I'd like to go and see one game live, but I think that wouldn't draw me to see more.
SM-liiga doesn't have any spontaneous fights and if there happens 1, you get suspended. In KHL it's 5 min penalty like in NHL. SM-liiga is a joke with monkey management. Has been for years, I'm glad Jokerit were able to leave that amateur league.

And you saw 1 KHL game, 1 game, from a team that doesn't play physical hockey.

I have seen now all Jokerit regular season games and the hockey level is much better. Better passes, better goals, better players, better referees. Some games are non physical and some are physical, depends on the oppenent. Clearly second best hockey league in the world.


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Upphew » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:01 pm

Smedju wrote:SM-liiga doesn't have any spontaneous fights and if there happens 1, you get suspended. In KHL it's 5 min penalty like in NHL. SM-liiga is a joke with monkey management. Has been for years, I'm glad Jokerit were able to leave that amateur league.
Can't argue with that fighting point. Except Generous ja Brennan last friday. And no suspensions. Underlines that your monkey management point.
Smedju wrote:And you saw 1 KHL game, 1 game, from a team that doesn't play physical hockey.
I had been told and I understood that KHL games are not physical, what I saw agreed what I have heard.
Smedju wrote:I have seen now all Jokerit regular season games and the hockey level is much better. Better passes, better goals, better players, better referees. Some games are non physical and some are physical, depends on the oppenent. Clearly second best hockey league in the world.
But Töölön Vesa is still not a team I could be a fan of. I rather watch Ketterä play Suomi-sarja than Jokerit play KHL.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Upphew wrote:
Smedju wrote: I had been told and I understood that KHL games are not physical, what I saw agreed what I have heard.
Lots of clueless Finnish hockey fans think that only hits and scuffles are physical hockey. Wrong. There is other elements in physical hockey too, for example puck possession in "battle" situations, ability to take hits plus going to the "war zone" areas. KHL players are bigger and stronger in general than in our domestic league Liiga.
Last edited by Smedju on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Jokerit's average attendance is about 11000 atm. Not bad. Best hockey show in Finland.

Image


Smedju
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Moon

Re: Second best ice hockey league in the world in Helsinki -

Post by Smedju » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 pm



Post Reply