Looking for an intermediate-level tennis partner in Helsinki

Discuss sporting topics. Game announcements, sports talk and events.
Erica

Post by Erica » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:42 pm

Hello,

I am a 22-year-old (F) English and Finnish speaker, looking for an intermediate-level tennis partner for the summer. Male or female, as long as you can hit the ball and know the basics well enough to play the game. (Please note: I am only looking for someone to play tennis with.) I would like to play once or twice a week.

The main idea would be to have fun playing and get some good exercise time in. I do not mind a more advanced player, as I do enjoy challenges. I used to play tennis regularly in jr. high school and recently attended a basic tennis course to refreshen my skills.

I live in Eastern Helsinki, so the Kontula-Itäkeskus-Kulosaari region would be great, along with free court access. There are also courts close to where I live, if you do not know of any. I commute daily to Töölö/Meilahti, so playing there (or close to the area) would suit me as well.

Drop me a note if you are interested, along with your contact information and a brief description of your tennis background.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

joekwarnes

tennis

Post by joekwarnes » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:56 pm

Are you still looking for someone to play tennis with? I am an American living in Helsinki and have had some difficulty finding people to play tennis with. I have been playing for 20 years.
My phone # is 045 639 3352.

- Joseph
Looking to play tennis in the Helsinki area once or twice per week. Speak English and a little Finnish. I am an intermediate player; I've been playing for about 20 years. I live in Alppila but am willing to play in any area in Helsinki.