Citizenship Application 2017

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
bigli

Re: Citizenship Application 2016/2017

Post by bigli » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi,

I know somebody who applied last week of November and just got a positive decision. Additional info regarding trips abroad were asked late May.

Good luck!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Simodt

Post by Simodt » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:02 pm

bigli wrote:Hi,

I know somebody who applied last week of November and just got a positive decision. Additional info regarding trips abroad were asked late May.

Good luck!
Hi,
Do you know if s/he had refugee, work or student status? I also applied on 29th and was asked to send additional info in late May. Hopefully they are now taking care of applications submitted in the last week of November. fingers crossed!

bigli

Post by bigli » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Simodt wrote:

Good luck!
Hi,
Do you know if s/he had refugee, work or student status? I also applied on 29th and was asked to send additional info in late May. Hopefully they are now taking care of applications submitted in the last week of November. fingers crossed!
it was an A permit (due to work).

Simodt

Post by Simodt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi everyone!
Anyone here applied with travel document/alien's passport or happen to know someone who did so? when did they apply and how long did it take?
Seemingly the process takes currently less than 8 months for the people having applied with national passport, I'm wondering if they have expedited the process for other passport holders as well ( disregarding cases expedited by request).

Thank you all!

brexit

Post by brexit » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Simodt wrote:

Good luck!
Hi,

You may try to call the migri citizenship line and ask. This might help.

brexit

Post by brexit » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:46 pm

My fiance applied on June 30 and naturally at the first stage of the application. Anyone there who has applied in 2017 and have already received a decision.

bigli

Post by bigli » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:02 pm

brexit wrote:
Simodt wrote:

Good luck!
Hi,

You may try to call the migri citizenship line and ask. This might help.
I agree, I called them recently (applied end of Feb, I have national passport and A permit for work). She checked what queue I am in and said I should expect the decision to be made around September-October. I asked how come some people who have applied in March have already gotten decision, and she said it's because some are in a different queue, but did not explain the difference between the queues.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 am

bigli wrote:and she said it's because some are in a different queue, but did not explain the difference between the queues.
That's what we've been saying for years. There are different queues and each case is handled individually. There's no point in comparing your own waiting time to other people's.

Obsessing about these threads has only one of two outcomes:
- You get extra stress because others got their decisions before you.
- You get false hope that your application will be processed sooner.

The best thing you can do is just wait. Go about with your life, do some hobbies, have some fun. You'll get the SMS when things are ready. Very simple.
Your application will be processed the exact same time whether you hear about other people or not.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

go2017

Post by go2017 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:43 pm

i am not sure if i can ask this here.. for those who are newly approved finnish citizen did get any invitation for any celebration, oath or coffee? or its not important here in finland?
https://www.kuntaliitto.fi/tiedotteet/2 ... otisjuhlaa

imau91

Does this mean it's almost done?

Post by imau91 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:28 pm

I just wanted to get your opinions on an e-mail I got from Migri today. I'm not sure if it's just some automated thing, or if it's actually one of those "requests for more info" e-mails one gets when the application is basically in processing mode.

So, the subject was "Täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa" and basically it asked me to update my application with any travels and work-related changes that may have happened since submitting the application (in February). I sorta got my hopes up that this means my application is next in line for processing, but I figured I'd ask here if anyone else has gotten something similar and what happened after it?

BTW: On my EnterFinland account it still says the application is in stage 1 - waiting for processing.

Thanks!

bigli

Re: Does this mean it's almost done?

Post by bigli » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:31 pm

imau91 wrote:I just wanted to get your opinions on an e-mail I got from Migri today. I'm not sure if it's just some automated thing, or if it's actually one of those "requests for more info" e-mails one gets when the application is basically in processing mode.

So, the subject was "Täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa" and basically it asked me to update my application with any travels and work-related changes that may have happened since submitting the application (in February). I sorta got my hopes up that this means my application is next in line for processing, but I figured I'd ask here if anyone else has gotten something similar and what happened after it?

BTW: On my EnterFinland account it still says the application is in stage 1 - waiting for processing.

Thanks!
You should definitely send them an update on the website. My understanding is that the automated email does not mean that it should not be answered. It is just that if they need something trivial from you, and they have a pre-written email that they send in these cases and that is why it does not look personalized. It still means that they have looked at your file and need these updates. If they want something specific to your case, then somebody will write a message instead of using the templates they already have. I have seen in other cases that sometimes they ask for additional information and once you reply then the application goes to the next round (I think it's just a matter of difference between officers, some might change the status of the application as soon as they ask for additional info and some might only do it after they start processing the updates you send them).

May I ask when in February you visited migri? I also applied in (the end of) February and still waiting.

imau91

Post by imau91 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm

bigli wrote:You should definitely send them an update on the website. My understanding is that the automated email does not mean that it should not be answered. It is just that if they need something trivial from you, and they have a pre-written email that they send in these cases and that is why it does not look personalized. It still means that they have looked at your file and need these updates. If they want something specific to your case, then somebody will write a message instead of using the templates they already have. I have seen in other cases that sometimes they ask for additional information and once you reply then the application goes to the next round (I think it's just a matter of difference between officers, some might change the status of the application as soon as they ask for additional info and some might only do it after they start processing the updates you send them).

May I ask when in February you visited migri? I also applied in (the end of) February and still waiting.
Thanks! No worries, I didn't think it was an option to not reply in any case, just wondering what it meant in terms of how soon I'm getting a decision. :) I sent that reply within an hour, haha. Submitted the online application on 1 Feb and presented the documents personally at Migri on 3 Feb, so it's been about 6 months now, to the day.

brexit

Post by brexit » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:39 pm

imau91 wrote:I just wanted to get your opinions on an e-mail I got from Migri today. I'm not sure if it's just some automated thing, or if it's actually one of those "requests for more info" e-mails one gets when the application is basically in processing mode.

Thanks!
That definitely means that they are now about to make decision on your application, and as bigli says it might take a day, a week or a month depending upon the handling officer. For me it took a month. Good luck with your application and keep updated when decision has been made.

vibration

Post by vibration » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 am

Has anybody received this kind of email? I got it two weeks ago but I applied First week of May 2017

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
www.migri.fi

Dear Customer

Thank you for using our online service! Your application is now in Enter Finland and is waiting for your turn. You can follow the status of your application at any time by signing in to Enter Finland.

In addition, you will find the expected processing time of the applications submitted on the same basis on our website: www.migri.fi/nain_servanti/tractors If your expected processing time on our website has not yet exceeded your own case, wait in peace.

If we need you to replenish your application, we'll send you a request for your Enter Finland account and get a notification in your email. When the decision is made, you will receive a notification in your email.

This message does not require any action from you. Do not respond to this post.

regards
The Finnish immigration Service
www.migri.fi

bigli

Post by bigli » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:16 pm

vibration wrote:Has anybody received this kind of email? I got it two weeks ago but I applied First week of May 2017

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: http://www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
http://www.migri.fi

Dear Customer

Thank you for using our online service! Your application is now in Enter Finland and is waiting for your turn. You can follow the status of your application at any time by signing in to Enter Finland.

In addition, you will find the expected processing time of the applications submitted on the same basis on our website: http://www.migri.fi/nain_servanti/tractors If your expected processing time on our website has not yet exceeded your own case, wait in peace.

If we need you to replenish your application, we'll send you a request for your Enter Finland account and get a notification in your email. When the decision is made, you will receive a notification in your email.

This message does not require any action from you. Do not respond to this post.

regards
The Finnish immigration Service
http://www.migri.fi
I don't think this is an important email. I have gotten similar ones in the past, sometimes simply after logging in to the system.