australians in finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Jussi

Re: australians in finland

Post by Jussi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Well then, some google searching and this came up: https://www.facebook.com/HelsinkiHeatseekers/info

Training every wednesday :D

But what shall it profit a people if they satisfy all material desires, but leave for their children nothing, only a wasteland.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 pm

I live nowhere near Itä-Helsinki. I live in Klaukkala. Probably the cricket isn't for kids anyway.

That's great about the AFL :) Hope it gets a whole lot of followers :)

Keravalainen

Post by Keravalainen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi!
Kerava proudly presents the first dedicated cricket ground in Finland, just in the hearth of city,
near Lahti Motorway exit.

http://www.cricketfinland.com/cgi-bin/b ... ams/Kerava

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 pm

That doesn't help me.... LOL. It's still so far from Klaukkala LOL. Or maybe I just need to leave this 'lande' Nurmijärvi and return to some kind of civilisation, ie.... move inside of the KEHÄ III LOL. That's probably even closer to Lahti, nothing is from Klaukkala LOL.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:14 am

Jussi, whereabouts in Helsinki are you moving to?
Last edited by Pete on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm living in Oulu. I only go to Helsinki for a break from time to time and because my wife has relatives there, but it's a good time to catch up with HKL based friends. Sad to see you go, I hope you enjoy the crazy city life down there. Helsinki isn't the 'Finland' I know at all... all the beggars and everything.. I'm so glad that I'm far enough north to not have to deal with any of that.
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 am

I agree Kutittaa. I live about 30km from the centre of Helsinki and I try never to go there. I had to go on Monday and I hated it. So many people, beggars etc. I think I go to the city maybe once a year LOL. Klaukkala isn't 'lande', but it is small and calm and peaceful and that's what I like.

Kutittaa

Post by Kutittaa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Finland is Finland most would say that Helsinki is 70% Finland the rest is 30%. When you see the news, most of it is from or about Helsinki. Still it's a shame to see these things. While Helsinki is beautiful and a shoppers paradise, it still makes me a little sad that this is the town that is 'representing' Finland, so-to-speak.

None-the-less, I can't wait to go there again. At least at this time of year it's far cleaner than before!
I̶f I can find any way to insult someone, believe me I will.

corz

Post by corz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

There´s a british store in the world trade center in central helsinki which sells vegemite

pikku bruti

Post by pikku bruti » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi,
Any Aussies living in Turku??

brett43au

Post by brett43au » Tue May 20, 2014 10:03 am

Hi all Just moved to Helsinki from Oz ( Brisbane ) will be here for a couple of years working for a mining company . Interested to know if there is any informal get together of other Australians ?

brett43au

Post by brett43au » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm

where's the pub quiz held ? Phom's are just Aussi who never made it over there so they are old friends

SwagMan_Myk

Shipping Container to Brisbane from Helsinki. Space availabl

Post by SwagMan_Myk » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Shipping back to Brisbane from Helsinki. G'day. We are moving back to Brisbane and will probably only half fill our 20foot container. If anyone is looking for a good deal on getting bulky items back home, please let me know. I am hoping to cut my moving costs. The container will leave in the last week of August, but we are already packing.
mrr777 [at] gmail

cadiche

Re: An Australian in Pori

Post by cadiche » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:31 pm

sinikala wrote:
benkku wrote:Hi mates,

I have been living in Finland since February and I am from Sydney.
Any Aussies living in Western Finland? And do you know where to get Vegemite?? or VB?? hahaha...
It was available in Behnford's in Hki, the link is a Wikipedia page, but their official site is down.

anyone know if they are still trading?
I used to get my Vegemite from British Corner Shop, but postage is insanely expensive since Brexit.

Now I buy from Behnfords in Helsinki (you can order online and pay with Klarna Invoice, just like any other product in Finland)

http://english.behnfords.mycashflow.fi/

Former Queenslander and Canberran here. Was living in Tampere, then Nokia, now Utsjoki. Been living in Finland for 7 years and am a citizen now :)