DVD and VHS player

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
simon

DVD and VHS player

Post by simon » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:35 am

I am lookingt o buy a new dvd player but we also need a new video player so I was wondering if anyone has any experience on the dvd with video players built in.

Are they any good?

Which to recommend?

What sort of price would be reasonable?

Also good place to get one

Or

Buy a seperate DVD and Video players

DVD and VHS player

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:45 pm

Why not buy a DVD recorder?

Stu

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:55 pm

Handsome wrote:Why not buy a DVD recorder?

Stu
Shhhhshhhh..! :roll: :roll:
Ever since we bought the DVD player ..Maippi has been saying.."I wish we could record DVDs then we could do away with the dam VCR..those tapes are so useless when you are trying to find something and DVD is so much better picture and sound.."

I nod and agree.. :roll: and hope she does not notice the DVD recorders in Stockmans :wink:

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:40 pm

Peter Floyd wrote:
Handsome wrote:Why not buy a DVD recorder?

Stu
Shhhhshhhh..! :roll: :roll:
Ever since we bought the DVD player ..Maippi has been saying.."I wish we could record DVDs then we could do away with the dam VCR..those tapes are so useless when you are trying to find something and DVD is so much better picture and sound.."

I nod and agree.. :roll: and hope she does not notice the DVD recorders in Stockmans :wink:
Sounds like your misses knows her technology, Peter. Hide your credit card. :wink:

shazman

Post by shazman » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:41 pm

that wont do any good...women can have a keen sense of smell, no you just have to start binge drinking each time she mentions it (otherwise she'll notice you've changed the subject)
Image Image Anteeksi, olen ulkomalainen!

timekiller

Post by timekiller » Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:32 am

Actually simon is asking about those little black boxes that have a DVD "player" and a VCR.

Anyways, there is only one problem with them. If one part dies you've lost both the VCR and the DVD. If you buy two different bits of kit, if one days, at least you've got the other one to watch stuff from.
I think, therefore I'm not drunk!

simon

Post by simon » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:39 am

My children have lots of videos, so with the DVD recorder, would I be able to transfer them from vhs to dvd? Also these videos are originals so is it possible to do this? they dont have any sort of encription to stop this as I suppose you are pirating the videos??

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:58 am

simon wrote:My children have lots of videos, so with the DVD recorder, would I be able to transfer them from vhs to dvd? Also these videos are originals so is it possible to do this? they dont have any sort of encription to stop this as I suppose you are pirating the videos??
I can't see it as being a problem; just time consuming.

Stu