Long Distance Relationships

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.

How often do long distance relationships work?

Always
3%
75 Percent of the time
No votes
50 Percent of the time
9%
25 Percent of the time
13%
NEVER
8%
Depends on People
67%

Total votes: 76

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:03 pm

Well... Where to start...

A no-job-leads-to-break-up depends a lot on the kind of personalities you two have, the basis of your relationship and whether or not you are able to deal with crises...

I had a very good job in Holland, and now in Finland I'm making about 15% of what I did in Holland, having a part-time job that is so irregular and underpaid that it's not really the most fairytale-like situation. Yet we are able to come round with what we have.
I've had trouble finding a job, still am looking for a full-time job, but I started my own thing on the side. It takes time, but slowly it's starting to work.

If your boyfriend makes enough money to support both of you for awhile, it'll give you the chance to focus on your arts and maybe you can get something going here for yourself. It'll take time, and effort, but if you can pull it off, it'll be satisfying. You can keep on searching for something while you start off for yourself. And if you have the talent and the luck (because that's mostly what it takes), eventually you might not need to search for something else anymore...

Just an idea...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

PeterF

Post by PeterF » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:41 pm

If you check the statistic from the vote running on this thread you will see they state that the chances of a long distance relationship surviving over 60% or 2/3rds say.. "depends on the individuals"..which I think probably means "how much BOTH of those involved realy want their relationship to survive!"....which in simple language means..how much they BOTH love each other.....If the perpetual darkness and wet slushy paths blown by icey windy make the walks together just another reason to get closer together and to plan for the coming spring...If the problems of finding a job and understanding the language seem to be less important than enjoying the next time you can be together...then you are in with a good chance... :D