donating/selling hair

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
rokingit

donating/selling hair

Post by rokingit » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 pm

does anyone know if there is a place in helsinki were i can donate or sell my hair? and how much i would need to have cut off? ive heard of places where you can go get your hair cut for free if you donate it (i think you have to get atleast a foot of hair chopped off to qualify) are there any places like that around here? maybe this is kind of a weird question but thanks anyway for reading!

donating/selling hair

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:08 pm

My hair was down to my knees, but I had to cut it after my daughter was born (impossible to maintain with a small child). I asked every local hair salon if there was a place around here to donate my hair to make wigs for cancer patients, but there was no such place. There is a place in the states called, "Locks of Love" who takes donated hair to make wigs for people who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy so I gave mine to an American visitor I had recently who then dropped it off at a donation center back in the states. If you do a web search, I'm sure there's a website and perhaps you can send it by post.

mCowboy

Post by mCowboy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:35 am

There's a place to do it in Finland too. I cut my hair short just a month ago and I talked about it with my stylist. So check with local hairdressers, someone should know.
Get in there...

TeppoKroatialainen

Re: donating/selling hair

Post by TeppoKroatialainen » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:03 am

HI,

I can see that this is an old topic but im in the same situation. So anyone found place in Helsinki?