Sikhs in Finland?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
roo

Re: Sikhs in Finland?

Post by roo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh I see now... Pursuivant, let's go through it together shall we...

1) 'I saw a lot of turbans' (Deleted Quote...Pursuivant original post) = offensive
(Its like saying I saw a lot of white people with shaved heads go into a bar, I think its the the National Front or some kind of Nazi organisation)

2) Very few Muslims wear turbans in the west. Although there are many other ethnic / religious groups that do! Pretty quick to assume!

2) moslem = offensive
(The ordinary word in English is "Muslim", pronounced /'mʊs.lɪm/ or /'mʌz.ləm/. The word is pronounced /'mʊslɪm/ in Arabic. It is sometimes spelled "Moslem", which some regard as offensive. http://www.communities.gov.uk/publicati ... gdiversity Reporting Diversity guide for journalists)
'moslem synagogue'...by this you meant 'Muslim synagogue'...I get it...which brings me to my next point!

3) The word 'retard' = offensive
Offensive to people with family members, children or themselves having mental or physical special needs in society. Nice!

So... all in all you are a rude little person Pursuivant!

Kind regards,

Roo

I am here to spread the gospel of small talk!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

roo

Post by roo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Jack86 wrote:Hey,

Thanks for the heads up.

You guys dont have to argue over such a trivial issue. I am a sikh, and pursuivant, i read what you said about the turbans being all there and all , but i knew you were trying to tell me it "might" be that and you werent entirely sure whether it really was. I understand where you are coming from but on the other hand what roo might be saying is that maybe you should be more tactful in the way you put it i guess?

Anyway, to be really honest, its a really minute issue and hey, i dont find it offensive so it isnt really a problem but that's just me. It might hurt other people who are a tiny weeny bit sensitive.

Lets just blow this issue over and get on with whatever , relevant and constructive information that we can get out of this forum.

Cheers and thanks again roo and pursuivant.

O.K Jack86 take it easy all the best!

Kind regards,

Roo

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:59 pm

hopefully you get some contact information and can find out further of the times and different occasions. as I said its a new place, but its easy to find, just stay on the "Alepa" side and walk down from Sörnäinen.

now my point is just if someone wears a special headdress for a religion that is their own free will and there is no tact involved stating that they are wearing one - its an observation and a fact. if facts offend someone then maybe there is a bigger problem under the headdress.
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

roo

Post by roo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Pursuivant I don't wear any head dress...and I do love you :D

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:05 pm

roo wrote: (Its like saying I saw a lot of white people with shaved heads go into a bar, I think its the the National Front or some kind of Nazi organisation)
yes well if they also happen to be wearing jump boots, pilot jackets, lion pendants and the band playing is called Sturmabteilung 88 I guess that is a sure sign thats a reggae night?

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

roo wrote:which some regard as offensive
I find stupid foreigners like you offensive

Jack86

Post by Jack86 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Anyways, pursuivant , i had gone to that website even before u mentioned it. The prob is that it is in finnish and unfortunately , i have not learned finnish yet. However, when i click on english, it seems that the english one hasnt been updated so that's why i was on the forum , hoping someone has any ideas. Thanks.

roo

Post by roo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Pursuivant wrote:
roo wrote:which some regard as offensive
I find stupid foreigners like you offensive
Attempting to insult people is a sure sign of your immaturity and lack of emotional development.

Kind regards,

Roo

P.s Get a grip... and stop taking yourself to serious.

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:51 pm

roo wrote:Oh I see now... Pursuivant, let's go through it together shall we...

1) 'I saw a lot of turbans' (Deleted Quote...Pursuivant original post) = offensive
(Its like saying I saw a lot of white people with shaved heads go into a bar, I think its the the National Front or some kind of Nazi organisation)

2) Very few Muslims wear turbans in the west. Although there are many other ethnic / religious groups that do! Pretty quick to assume!

2) moslem = offensive
(The ordinary word in English is "Muslim", pronounced /'mʊs.lɪm/ or /'mʌz.ləm/. The word is pronounced /'mʊslɪm/ in Arabic. It is sometimes spelled "Moslem", which some regard as offensive. http://www.communities.gov.uk/publicati ... gdiversity Reporting Diversity guide for journalists)
'moslem synagogue'...by this you meant 'Muslim synagogue'...I get it...which brings me to my next point!

3) The word 'retard' = offensive
Offensive to people with family members, children or themselves having mental or physical special needs in society. Nice!

So... all in all you are a rude little person Pursuivant!

Kind regards,

Roo
Political correct Roo? :thumbsdown:

What a bull....

I do not always agree with Pursuivant eventhough his english has improved lately :) but every word he writes is offensive according to you. I am fed up with this political correctness because it has brought many countries to the sewer they are in now. In these countries it is ok to speak filth about christianity but do not touch islam because then you get deathtreats and all the lefties and so called political correct flowerheads and sandals will bring you down. Bah bah bah

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 pm

roo wrote: Attempting to insult people is a sure sign of your immaturity and lack of emotional development.
finns are more developed just to offend you
Last edited by Pursuivant on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

rinso

Post by rinso » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:29 pm

Rick1 wrote:Political correct Roo? :thumbsdown:

What a bull....

I do not always agree with Pursuivant eventhough his english has improved lately :) but every word he writes is offensive according to you. I am fed up with this political correctness because it has brought many countries to the sewer they are in now. In these countries it is ok to speak filth about christianity but do not touch islam because then you get deathtreats and all the lefties and so called political correct flowerheads and sandals will bring you down. Bah bah bah
I agree. Nowadays even staring is sometimes considered offensive. :ohno:
When you have to tiptoe around everybody who looks different, you are not helping them to integrate.
If you treat them normal, also with negative comments sometimes, they will become part of everyday life.
If they are in the "special treatment" category, they will remain outsiders.

roo

Post by roo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:59 pm

This site is in the public domain and just because people can hide behind 'user names' doesn't mean that its gives them permission to be insensitive and insult others.
No... I am not all about political correctness...just manners! I have friends from so many different cultures and some things they find offensive and others not. Why not point these things out to people who may or not know?

I have no personal issues with Pursuivant.

I have got into trouble for defending Finn's on many occasions and their behaviour. I don't care what religion you belong to, what colour you are, the culture you are from or if you have been a long term member of this site or not... manners, sensitivity and respect go long way.

Kind regards,

Roo

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:07 pm

roo wrote:manners, sensitivity and respect go long way.
kind regards, I hope you kill yourself before answering me
Last edited by Pursuivant on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antstar

Post by antstar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm

Pursuivant wrote:
roo wrote:manners, sensitivity and respect go long way.
considering you are a foreign cocksucker I rip your head off and take a crap up yer throat you stupid twat..
I'd rather starve than ever drink out of your vagina... you are such an offensive piece of stupid foreign offal my grandfather had three goats that could make more offal your existance requires.

kind regards, I hope you kill yourself before answering me
Just like being in one big happy family! :|

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 pm

I rather have 13 baboons running around than one "roo" if you ask me.. I *hate* "politically correct" arsewipes
Last edited by Pursuivant on Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.