How to trade in stock exchange market in Finland?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ipmchootie

Post by ipmchootie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:23 am

Hi,

Does anybody know how to trade in Finnish exchange market? So far I know I got to find a broker first. and then? Any ideas or comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Best,
Sam

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Tiwaz

Re: How to trade in stock exchange market in Finland?

Post by Tiwaz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:35 am

Well, no much knowledge on my part of this field, but at least in my bank there is possibility of getting stock market service.

They store and change stocks according to your orders. Though network access.
Never tried it though.

Travmies

Post by Travmies » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:37 am

That is interesting; I thought it was possible to buy shares without a broker.

I know you can buy shares online
Do more to help yourself: https://steven-jackson.com/

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:47 am

almost all the banks have a broker service, and then you have places like eqonline.fi and a dozen others...
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Jukka Aho

Post by Jukka Aho » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 am

ipmchootie wrote:Does anybody know how to trade in Finnish exchange market? So far I know I got to find a broker first. and then? Any ideas or comments are appreciated. Thanks.
eQ Online is one of the most well-known online trading services in Finland, and arvopaperi.fi complements it as a news site and a discussion forum that many small-time investors / day-traders follow. (I don’t have personal experience on either, though.)
znark

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Travmies wrote:That is interesting; I thought it was possible to buy shares without a broker.

I know you can buy shares online
Most brokers have online service. If I remember right, Helsinki Stock Exchange is only for brokers, no common folk allowed. Of course you can buy and sell your stock straight to other people wanting them, thus circumventing brokers and HEX, but then you must pay transfer tax (all transfers done in HEX are exempt from that tax).
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

cressers

Post by cressers » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:45 pm

if you have account with nordea, you can open a book entry account through netbank.

I think OP also offers this.

You missed the bottom ;)

herz

Post by herz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:29 am

ipmchootie wrote:Hi,
Does anybody know how to trade in Finnish exchange market? So far I know I got to find a broker first. and then? Any ideas or comments are appreciated. Thanks.
What you need is called "arvo-osuustili" in Finnish. No idea what it's called in English, but it's a special kind of bank account where a bank, or any financial institution, keeps your stocks. After you have an arvo-osuustili, you can buy and sell stocks. Usually all the transactions are handled over the Internet.

cressers

Post by cressers » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:43 am

herz wrote:
ipmchootie wrote:Hi,
What you need is called "arvo-osuustili" in Finnish. No idea what it's called in English, but it's a special kind of bank account where a bank, or any financial institution, keeps your stocks. After you have an arvo-osuustili, you can buy and sell stocks. Usually all the transactions are handled over the Internet.
Book entry account.

Mark I.

Post by Mark I. » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:27 am

cressers wrote: You missed the bottom ;)
I don't think so :-)

I traded several years ago, and then I made comparisons between EQ trade and Nordnet (Swedish), and opted Nordnet with smaller fees. Now as EQ is owned by Icelandics, dunno how that effects...

marcool

Post by marcool » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 am

Has anyone some figures about the fees charged by banks or brokers? It looks like the EQ is now Nordnet. How does it compare to the fees of Nordea?
I tried looking at EQ but it looks like the site is in Finnish only.
The Nordea site is really well done and all in English. I just have the feeling that it's a bit expensive but I compare that to the fees charged by Schwab or Fidelity in the US.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:15 am

eQ was bought by Nordnet. Nordea is expensive, but there aren't many English language options available...

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:43 am

marcool wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 am
Has anyone some figures about the fees charged by banks or brokers? It looks like the EQ is now Nordnet. How does it compare to the fees of Nordea?
I tried looking at EQ but it looks like the site is in Finnish only.
The Nordea site is really well done and all in English. I just have the feeling that it's a bit expensive but I compare that to the fees charged by Schwab or Fidelity in the US.
Just go an ask the brokers in English for their pricing. If they won't serve you in English, likely you don't want to deal with them anyway (e.g. how would you handle any further questions or issues you may have).