Union question?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
r32

Union question?

Post by r32 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Is TES some kind of union?
One other thing, is this collective agreement applying to all companies in this sector? http://www.pam.fi/in_english/rights_at_ ... the_facil/
Is SOL Palvelut Oy part of PAM Union?

Union question?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Union question?

Post by Rip » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 pm

r32 wrote:Is TES some kind of union?
TES = TyöEhtoSopimus = collective labour agreement = general guidelines for employment contracts and conditions. Negotiated by the unions and employer organizations, but in most cases they are legally binding to also those companies whose representatives did not participate in the negotiations.

One other thing, is this collective agreement applying to all companies in this sector? http://www.pam.fi/in_english/rights_at_ ... the_facil/
Yes
No. PAM is a trade union. SOL Palvelut is a private company (employing many PAM members), so obviously they are sitting on the opposite sides of the table when people negotiate about TES or other related matters.

r32

Post by r32 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:49 am

Rip wrote:
r32 wrote:Is TES some kind of union?
TES = TyöEhtoSopimus = collective labour agreement = general guidelines for employment contracts and conditions. Negotiated by the unions and employer organizations, but in most cases they are legally binding to also those companies whose representatives did not participate in the negotiations.

Yes
No. PAM is a trade union. SOL Palvelut is a private company (employing many PAM members), so obviously they are sitting on the opposite sides of the table when people negotiate about TES or other related matters.
So, Sol doesn't need to follow this? http://www.pam.fi/in_english/rights_at_ ... _the_facil

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:00 am

They need to follow the collective agreement. Did you get a Chinese slaves job by mistake?
"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

r32

Post by r32 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:21 am

Pursuivant wrote:They need to follow the collective agreement. Did you get a Chinese slaves job by mistake?
Do you have a link for the collective agreement? No, I didn't, just trying to find a job for a friend and I want to check the agreement. Chinese slave job :twisted:

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 am

Well you just posted the link :wink:

r32

Post by r32 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:38 am

Pursuivant wrote:Well you just posted the link :wink:
Ok, so that is the collective agreement, good.
So all the cleaning companies need to follow that collective agreement...

Pursuivant

Post by Pursuivant » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:04 pm

Call up PAM they can send you it in print too. They have a helpline number there.

r32

Post by r32 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:32 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Call up PAM they can send you it in print too. They have a helpline number there.
Yes, I will do that.

pheikki

Post by pheikki » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Yes, SOL is part of the PAM Union, which does not mean that they follow all the rules in TES.
SOL is not a good company to work as an employer, in my opinion. I worked there for some time, cleaning in a hotel. All the employees there were complaining about the company. Yes, they paid the salary regularly. But, on the other hand..
There are some practical examples of what happened to me while working in SOL:
I did not receive any training from SOL before starting the work.
SOL gave me my free days during weekdays and almost never in weekends, I could not choose... Too many working hours.
SOL did not gave me right information about what to do if I get sick, for example, they did not explain my rights to go see a work doctor.
SOLdefinitely don't like that workers get sick. They may deny paying health costs if the worker is in notice period, as this happened to 2 of my colleagues.
SOL did not respect people as employers, we had to do all the work running because they did not give us enough time to clean. For me, it was a trap working there.
SOLtried to take advantage of foreigners that do not know about the existence of the union, for example, not telling them their rights.
Definitely not nice. Please, search other company and do never think about working in SOL., for your own sake.