Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Piet

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Piet » Mon May 15, 2017 6:27 pm

tkt234 wrote: I can't do it. I am from Estonia and I live in Estonia. Yes pick up is the best option in Finland for sure.
As I said before, ebay is the solution, then you are covered!

If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Piet wrote:
tkt234 wrote: I can't do it. I am from Estonia and I live in Estonia. Yes pick up is the best option in Finland for sure.
As I said before, ebay is the solution, then you are covered!
It is not, I have problems with paypal when sending too much money - paypal gives error and won't let the payment go through.
Then your balance on your payment method is not enough, when the balance is enough (debit or credit card) your payment will go through. You do not even need paypal on ebay, paypal will just be the payment processor for your credit-card.

When you do not have a credit-card (or a bank that allows automatic withdrawals with enough money on your balance) you have no business to do on the internet at all.

I have seen items on Ebay with a price over thousands of euro's and all payable by paypal, so why do you think that works but yours doesn't, the problem is not paypal but your creditworthiness.

And when you buy on Ebay, you do not send money with paypal, you pay a bill from the seller to paypal, and paypal pays the seller their share minus the usual fees. Sending money is the wrong way of paying, you have no buyer guarantee that way and yes there might be limits on the amount. Not when just buying and paying the bill.

I hope you find a solution, otherwise.. try your local market places and forget on buying from other countries. :lightbulb:

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm

tkt234 wrote:It is not working. I tried to pay with paypal at ebay checkout and always error when transaction amount too big! Paypal has some kind of internal security system which is blocking my payment. So it is better to pay in cash of course to the seller.
Do you have funds on you paypal account? Or linked credit card? Linked account?
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri May 19, 2017 5:38 pm

tkt234 wrote:It is not working. I tried to pay with paypal at ebay checkout and always error when transaction amount too big! Paypal has some kind of internal security system which is blocking my payment. So it is better to pay in cash of course to the seller.
If you were right about this security system from paypal (and you are not) than that would mean your funds are marked as suspicious, so you have done payments in the past with paypal that were not able to be deducted from your bank account. Remember that Paypal also has a check payment option, then you buy something but paypal waits with paying this to the seller until you have paid paypal with your registered bank account. If you do not pay, the payment will be cancelled.

There is no way if you have enough funds on a to paypal connected bank account, that paypal generates an error. they only other option is that your computer has a problem and certain scripts or cookies are not working or you have an incompatible browser.

Any way whatever you say about the paypal payments, any problem you have with paypal is on your side and not paypal's side. Check your balance before you buy something.

Also you keep telling that if the payment is too big it will give you an error, how big is too big, 1 euro 10 euro 100 euro 1000 euro, etc etc. I mean the way you tell us you can actually pay with paypal just not "big" amounts... makes me think again about your Bank balance or previous attempts paying without a balance at all.

Good luck, maybe it is better to move to Finland than :lol:

Piet

Post by Piet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 am

would be nice if you have more info about this guy, you can add it to another post about scamming we have going here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93025&start=45

Just add the information you have on this scammer in the list.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:40 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:17 pm
Looks like I fell for another huuto.net scam
Seller has 279+ feedbacks and 3 negative feedbacks.
It is unbelievable really how he will not send this item, I trusted this guy because he has so many positive feedbacks on huuto.net

Bought this:
https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/xbox-360-250gb/467158211

Paid 63,9 eur with bank transfer in advance.

Seller details:
Joonas Väisänen
Kuusirinne 2 h 33
50170 Mikkeli
+358417485763
[email protected]

I contacted him via e-mail and asked for IBAN bank accuont number
Paid with bank transfer 12.03. He received bank transfer on 13.03.
He said he wil send it soon. Last e-mail I had from him was that he will send on saturday (yesterday), but he didn't send me tracking number of the package.

I am posting this as a warning to buyers on huuto.net
I will also leave negative feedback on huuto.net and contact huuto.net customer service about this
If huuto doesn't cover you or refund you upon failed delivery then there's really no point to use it. The only thing I bought is Wii console, and I paid in ole good cash. Moreover, the progress of your money recovery will be slower than a damn snail, and there is no telling if you will get your money.

Better use ebay or aliexpress or amazon
Image Image

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:08 am
Posted this now:
http://joonasvaisanen.blogspot.com.ee/

I hate when someone scams me.
Sorry this happened to you. In future this might be helpful for you.

Whenever I bought something from such sites, I opted for paying at the post office. Sometimes it is hard to convince the post office staff to let you open the package first, but you can explain them your situation and if the product is not right, you will pay for the return, in case you don't get the desired product. They will let you open the package.

I have done this couple of times. I have bought smartphones like that and everytime I opted for "paying at Posti" and after checking the package. Fortunately each time I got the right product and I never had to pay for the return fee etc..

Or

Each time when I was thinking to buy something I have always asked for face to face exchange (regardless of the distance) just to make sure that the seller is legit. Sometimes scammers will come up with weird excuses and that will be your cue to shift your focus.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

If you feel that a crime has happened, go to the police, provide them with the details you have. Spreading accusations online may well turn against you, there are other possibilities besides you having been scammed. For the future, I suggest you stop buying stuff online with direct bank transfers.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
I can't do that because I live in Estonia and I am a Estonian citizen. There is no direct possibility for me to report a crime to Finnish police, because Finnish police website requires authentication with Finnish online bank or Finnish ID card.
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Different countries or not, slander is a criminal offense as well, of which you might be guilty, should it turn out that there was no fraud after all.

Hämeen Hitain

Post by Hämeen Hitain » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online
No, 112 is the same number for Estonian police so I cannot call the Finnish phone number from Estonia.
You don’t use 112 for this purpose.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.
The online form can be filled by anyone and they can mark you as the victim. Do you have anyone who could help you this way?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:14 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.
I would send their reply to the state ombudsman. It does not seem that the Finnish police would be allowed to refuse to take your report by email:
Rikoksesta tehdyn ilmoituksen kirjaamisvelvollisuus ei riipu siitä, millä tavalla (esimerkiksi käynti poliisilaitoksella tai internetin kautta tapahtuva ilmoittaminen) ilmoitus on tehty. Myös puutteellinen ilmoitus on kirjattava. Ilmoituksen kirjaamisvelvollisuus ei riipu käytännössä myöskään vastaanottajan harkinnasta eli lähinnä siitä, pitääkö ilmoituksen vastaanottaja ilmoitettua tekoa rikoksena. Oikeuskirjallisuudessa on tosin katsottu, että esitutkintaviranomaisella on jonkin verran harkintavaltaa ilmoituksen vastaanottamisessa koskien esimerkiksi mieleltään häiriintyneen henkilön ilmoitusta, joka ei sisällä mitään järjellistä ilmiantoa.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/esitykset/he/2 ... p453579584

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en_GB/web ... lu-kantelu

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:24 am

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:44 pm
I am going to Finland on 14 April, any chance to make the report of a crime in person somewhere in Helsinki? I can take the receipt of the payment with me.
In Pasila:
https://www.poliisi.fi/helsinki/yhteystiedot