Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:08 am

Posted this now:
http://joonasvaisanen.blogspot.com.ee/

I hate when someone scams me.



Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

biryvih
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by biryvih » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:08 am
Posted this now:
http://joonasvaisanen.blogspot.com.ee/

I hate when someone scams me.
Sorry this happened to you. In future this might be helpful for you.

Whenever I bought something from such sites, I opted for paying at the post office. Sometimes it is hard to convince the post office staff to let you open the package first, but you can explain them your situation and if the product is not right, you will pay for the return, in case you don't get the desired product. They will let you open the package.

I have done this couple of times. I have bought smartphones like that and everytime I opted for "paying at Posti" and after checking the package. Fortunately each time I got the right product and I never had to pay for the return fee etc..

Or

Each time when I was thinking to buy something I have always asked for face to face exchange (regardless of the distance) just to make sure that the seller is legit. Sometimes scammers will come up with weird excuses and that will be your cue to shift your focus.


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 am

OK, thanks.
Update about Joonas case:
I have now contacted huuto.net customer service and sent them copy of payment also.
I asked them to give Joonas 24 hours to pay back my money 63,9 euros or delete his huuto.net account with more than 200+ positive feedbacks
I am waiting what is going to happen
huuto.net account with 276+ feedbacks and 3 negative feedbacks is worth something surely.


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am

If you feel that a crime has happened, go to the police, provide them with the details you have. Spreading accusations online may well turn against you, there are other possibilities besides you having been scammed. For the future, I suggest you stop buying stuff online with direct bank transfers.


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 am
If you feel that a crime has happened, go to the police, provide them with the details you have. Spreading accusations online may well turn against you, there are other possibilities besides you having been scammed. For the future, I suggest you stop buying stuff online with direct bank transfers.
I can't do that because I live in Estonia and I am a Estonian citizen. There is no direct possibility for me to report a crime to Finnish police, because Finnish police website requires authentication with Finnish online bank or Finnish ID card.
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
I can't do that because I live in Estonia and I am a Estonian citizen. There is no direct possibility for me to report a crime to Finnish police, because Finnish police website requires authentication with Finnish online bank or Finnish ID card.
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 833
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Different countries or not, slander is a criminal offense as well, of which you might be guilty, should it turn out that there was no fraud after all.


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:45 pm
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Different countries or not, slander is a criminal offense as well, of which you might be guilty, should it turn out that there was no fraud after all.
I have proof with receipt of the payment.


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:26 am
I can't do that because I live in Estonia and I am a Estonian citizen. There is no direct possibility for me to report a crime to Finnish police, because Finnish police website requires authentication with Finnish online bank or Finnish ID card.
About spreading accusations I don't think so. Different countries anyway.
Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online
No, 112 is the same number for Estonian police so I cannot call the Finnish phone number from Estonia.


Hämeen Hitain
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:18 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by Hämeen Hitain » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm



betelgeuse
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online
No, 112 is the same number for Estonian police so I cannot call the Finnish phone number from Estonia.
You don’t use 112 for this purpose.


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:14 pm
tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:07 pm
betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Have you tried reporting by phone?

http://www.poliisi.fi/crimes/reporting_ ... nce_online
No, 112 is the same number for Estonian police so I cannot call the Finnish phone number from Estonia.
You don’t use 112 for this purpose.
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.
The online form can be filled by anyone and they can mark you as the victim. Do you have anyone who could help you this way?


betelgeuse
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:14 pm

tkt234 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:38 pm
That is a dead end. I already sent Finnish police e-mail and they told me that I have to make a complaint to Estonian police and they will pass it to Finnish police, but after making a complaint to Estonian police they told me that it outside of their jurisdiction and they won't deal with it because of that.
I would send their reply to the state ombudsman. It does not seem that the Finnish police would be allowed to refuse to take your report by email:
Rikoksesta tehdyn ilmoituksen kirjaamisvelvollisuus ei riipu siitä, millä tavalla (esimerkiksi käynti poliisilaitoksella tai internetin kautta tapahtuva ilmoittaminen) ilmoitus on tehty. Myös puutteellinen ilmoitus on kirjattava. Ilmoituksen kirjaamisvelvollisuus ei riipu käytännössä myöskään vastaanottajan harkinnasta eli lähinnä siitä, pitääkö ilmoituksen vastaanottaja ilmoitettua tekoa rikoksena. Oikeuskirjallisuudessa on tosin katsottu, että esitutkintaviranomaisella on jonkin verran harkintavaltaa ilmoituksen vastaanottamisessa koskien esimerkiksi mieleltään häiriintyneen henkilön ilmoitusta, joka ei sisällä mitään järjellistä ilmiantoa.
https://www.finlex.fi/fi/esitykset/he/2 ... p453579584

https://www.oikeusasiamies.fi/en_GB/web ... lu-kantelu


tkt234
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:51 pm

Re: Huuto fraud ? What to do ?

Post by tkt234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:44 pm

I am going to Finland on 14 April, any chance to make the report of a crime in person somewhere in Helsinki? I can take the receipt of the payment with me.


Post Reply