What is cheapest way to transfer money from Finland?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
madsum

Post by madsum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:53 am

Hello,

Can anybody suggest me cheaper, secure and faster way to transfer cash from Finland to abroad? So receiver may get maximum money. After excluding all fees and currency exchange.

Br,
Masum

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: What is cheapest way to transfer money from Finland?

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Where to? SEPA (Single Euro Payment Area) transfers cost nothing.

madsum

Post by madsum » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:05 pm

I want to send to India

Honest

Post by Honest » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Don't know exactly about India but sending money through Westerunion online is cheap. Sending through physical locations is quite expensive but if you do it online it doesn't cost much. Remember all money transfer companies earn in two ways i.e. sending fee + poor exchange rate. Check your options and find the best deal.

madsum

Post by madsum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi,

I wanted to use western union online service. But it has restriction to send up to 500 euro. I have to send 1100. Also I cannot split money to send in 2 - 3 times. It is not allowed for security reason. Only possible way by western union is for local agent which is damn expensive. Is there any other idea? Btw, does anybody know about Ria fees? Please inform me. Thanks!

humax

Post by humax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Did you try
https://www.worldremit.com/en/zero-fees ... 3godb0oALg

I have been using the service for over a year now.You can also use visa electron;just activate it for online use- Or else master card.

madsum

Post by madsum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi,

WorldRemiter seems better than western union. But this is first time going to transfer. So I don't know whether it is cheapest or not. It gives following for 10.000 INR.

Send Amount: 119.96 EUR
Fees: 3.99 EUR
Total to Pay: 123.95 EUR
Receive Amount 10.000 INR

Does receiver has to pay any fees?
How long it takes to transfer?
What do you think is it the cheapest possibility?
Is exchange rate is good enough?

humax

Post by humax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 pm

madsum wrote:Hi,

WorldRemiter seems better than western union. But this is first time going to transfer. So I don't know whether it is cheapest or not. It gives following for 10.000 INR.

Send Amount: 119.96 EUR
Fees: 3.99 EUR
Total to Pay: 123.95 EUR
Receive Amount 10.000 INR

Does receiver has to pay any fees?
How long it takes to transfer?
What do you think is it the cheapest possibility?
Is exchange rate is good enough?

The reciever is not charged at all;and it takes less than an hour to recieve the money.The best thing about world remit is that you can track the payment.They will send an email once the payment is done and again they will notify you when recieved.

inkku

Post by inkku » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:24 pm

You have to consider the exchange rate, too, Western Union gives you a crap rate so there you lose money.

madsum

Post by madsum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 pm

I already used WorldRemiter. According to my research I found the best one so far.

makkara

Post by makkara » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:06 am

open a free bank account,with aktia is free if you are younger than 27,then send to India the cash card associated to the account.When you know the card has arrived safe and sound there,put money on it. They will withdrow money using the local ATM,paying only the visa exchange rate for the local currency

madsum

Post by madsum » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

I'm not under 27. But I wanted to open an account on my wife's name. She already has an account in Nordea. When she went to other bank for another new account. 1st question does she have any other account? Answer is "Yes". Then comes millions of other question. Eventually Bank personnel didn't permit her. She tired OP, Aktia. So my personal experience is another account to another bank is not possible without lie. Also this lie is not logically at all. Because after living in Finland for couple of months without bank account is not possible.

Post by 007 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 am

madsum wrote:I'm not under 27. But I wanted to open an account on my wife's name. She already has an account in Nordea. When she went to other bank for another new account. 1st question does she have any other account? Answer is "Yes". Then comes millions of other question. Eventually Bank personnel didn't permit her. She tired OP, Aktia. So my personal experience is another account to another bank is not possible without lie. Also this lie is not logically at all. Because after living in Finland for couple of months without bank account is not possible.
can you bit elaborate on why your wife couldn't open accounts in two banks? any special reason? My only guess is that your wife does not yet have henkilötunnus?
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"