When can you be sure to get a voilation ticket from police?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Marsh04

Re: When can you be sure to get a voilation ticket from poli

Post by Marsh04 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:55 pm

AldenG wrote: Not mentioned as often is that people also have an increased risk of accident from in-person conversations with a passenger, but it's not as dramatic a factor as talking to someone who is elsewhere.
Yeah, I totally agree that there should be a crack down on the usage of mobile phone. Talking takes away a large part of your attention.

In-person is a little different because then most of the times you have four eyes looking at the road so I think it kind of makes it neutral. Ofcourse it depends with who you are talking and what you are talking about.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:41 pm

Have you not seen on Youtube how your neighbours, the Russians drive? Or Indians? Riku???

While Finns can be impolite, they often drive so much better than in other countries. They know the road rules better, whether they follow them or not is another matter entirely. In countries like England, Australia etc, there are about a bazillion more road signs telling people how to drive. Like they're dumb idiots who can't remember what they learned in driving school. But in Finland it's so sign less. It's great.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Flossy1978 wrote:Have you not seen on Youtube how your neighbours, the Russians drive? Or Indians? Riku???
Finnish roads are similar to russian ones. There they just have a wide stretch of concrete and people decide for themselves if there are three or four lanes there (obviously some trouble when different drivers decide differently). Here the same thing happens. Many roads in the centre of helsinki are just marked as one lane but many (mostly taxi drivers) will consider it to be a two lane road, and others consider it a one lane road. Then it gets a bit narrower and it's certainly not wide enough for two cars, so the chance for an argument with your fellow motorists.

For example this road

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@60.16408 ... !2e0?hl=en

how many lanes wide ? one or two? point the camera at the parked truck and you will consider it one lane wide. point the other direction and it could be two.

I prefer the british, american and australian approach of making the roads unambiguous. no deciding for yourself how many lanes wide the road is, or where you stop at traffic lights.

Some places in Finland (i've noticed this in Hyvinkaa) have traffic planners who have realised that more is not better. They have narrowed some junctions, built out kerbs. By making the road narrower they've improved it, not just for pedestrians but also drivers. But this implementation is very patchy and a long way to go before getting to British or Dutch levels.

lkpro91

Post by lkpro91 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi, I am not sure if I just broke the signal but as a new driver, I am pretty worried. The problem is: there were a police car right behind me and one car in front of me. The light turned green and the first car left. I moved quickly after but I was about to pass the line, the light started turning yellow. I couldn't stop, kept driving as usual and the police car didn't chase after me. So will I get the bill later?

I kind of panicked now. If I got the fine, I probably wouldn't dare to drive again. :cry:

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm

Relaaax, they did not stop you? Then is ok, they had other mission :)

Honest

Post by Honest » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:02 pm

If you enter the intersection before the light is red i.e it is yellow before turning red, you are not breaking any rule.

Moving Again

Post by Moving Again » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:33 pm

biz_it wrote:Hi,

Last week, I got my new drivers license and started driving this weekend. I have driven quite OK during the weekend but made few minor mistakes and dont know if I will get any voilation ticket for any mistake I might have made. For example, few ones I realized were

1) at quite a few places, when trying to move the car, the car stopped and I had to like restart the engine but the signal went red again and I thought the people behind me might be pissed off. Is that any violation?

2) While entering one highway, My speed went to 85 for a brief moment while the limit was 80. I quickly brought it back within the limit

3) At one petrol station, which was almost in a street, when My car had stopped and when I started turning right, I think I might have broken the red signal. Not sure, but If the police van was not there, can I still somehow expect to get a violation ticket?

4) When I was lost, I started driving much slower than the limit (much less than 40 for example) (not on highways/motorways)

At each passing moment, I am getting better at this. However, I believe that all beginner drivers might be making these mistakes but still want to know what has been your experience when driving first time fresh out of school and driving first time alone

AZ
You'll be fine, relax. Just watch out for the drones. You know, the ones carrying speed cameras. They're quite small and hard to spot.

ccb17

Re: When can you be sure to get a voilation ticket from police?

Post by ccb17 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Today I was about to cross a short signal. There were two cars in front of me. The signal was green, and I was following those two cars; as I was about to cross the signal, the light turned to yellow. then I was in two minds to stop or not and finally i decided to stop. However, i ended up stopping the car a foot in the zebra cross. As there were no cars behind me, i managed to reverse the car a bit and stay behind the zebra comfortably. But, there was a police car in the next lane. not sure if he was watching all these. He did not stop me, he just went straight when he got the green signal. I turned left when i got the green signal. However, after I turned left the same police car was in the same street as I was, but few cars after me. Then he disappeared.

I am wondering how these kind of minor offenses handled ? like on the spot fines ? or do they note and send a fine later ?

Upphew

Re: When can you be sure to get a voilation ticket from police?

Post by Upphew » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 am

ccb17 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:58 pm
Today I was about to cross a short signal. There were two cars in front of me. The signal was green, and I was following those two cars; as I was about to cross the signal, the light turned to yellow. then I was in two minds to stop or not and finally i decided to stop. However, i ended up stopping the car a foot in the zebra cross. As there were no cars behind me, i managed to reverse the car a bit and stay behind the zebra comfortably. But, there was a police car in the next lane. not sure if he was watching all these. He did not stop me, he just went straight when he got the green signal. I turned left when i got the green signal. However, after I turned left the same police car was in the same street as I was, but few cars after me. Then he disappeared.

I am wondering how these kind of minor offenses handled ? like on the spot fines ? or do they note and send a fine later ?
Send the ticket whom? They wouldn't have picture of you doing your stuff like with speed camera. Parking tickets are for now only fines that are written to the car and it is owners onus to pay or find someone to pay it.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.