Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
metsämurmeli
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Post by metsämurmeli » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
There is only one way to force it. You take the issue to court and with the decision you can have enforcement collect the money for you.

https://oikeus.fi/tuomioistuimet/karaja ... kemus.html
Would threatening to make the issue public, or actually making it public to certain people, be prohibited? I was considering that to get a small amount back. Since the borrower works in finances, the employer might be interested.

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

legolas
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Post by legolas » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:40 am

metsämurmeli wrote:
betelgeuse wrote:
There is only one way to force it. You take the issue to court and with the decision you can have enforcement collect the money for you.

https://oikeus.fi/tuomioistuimet/karaja ... kemus.html
Would threatening to make the issue public, or actually making it public to certain people, be prohibited? I was considering that to get a small amount back. Since the borrower works in finances, the employer might be interested.
It is prohibited. But who says about threatening or making the issue public? As long as the info treated by the court of law or collection agency as confidential, I think, it doesn't make issue public.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am

legolas wrote:It is prohibited. But who says about threatening or making the issue public? As long as the info treated by the court of law or collection agency as confidential, I think, it doesn't make issue public.
Court decisions and enforcement records are public.
metsämurmeli wrote: Would threatening to make the issue public, or actually making it public to certain people, be prohibited? I was considering that to get a small amount back. Since the borrower works in finances, the employer might be interested.
All the fees are paid by the debtor as long as they can be collected. This means it makes sense to collect even small amounts of money through the official system. Whether prohibited is unclear to me but I would not risk things like Dissemination of information violating personal privacy.


legolas
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Post by legolas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:30 pm

legolas wrote: It is prohibited.
It seems that I was wrong. I went to a court today to get some info and it looks like it's not prohibited to make it public. Moreover, like @betelgeuse mentioned, court decision are publicly available. So it looks like unless you've otherwise agreed with the borrower, you can make the issue as public as you please.
The question I've asked from the court rep, is if I can e.g. post on Facebook a warning not to lend money to that particular guy.

Another thing I was surprised with is that initially you don't need any proof to summon the borrower to the court. Proof is only required if the borrower pleads not guilty.


betelgeuse
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Lending money to a friend..how to keep a proof

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 pm

legolas wrote:Another thing I was surprised with is that initially you don't need any proof to summon the borrower to the court. Proof is only required if the borrower pleads not guilty.
It's not surprising when we take into account that access to courts is a right. It's the job of the court to deal with baseless cases.


Post Reply