Special invitation a Piano and Violin Recital in Helsinki

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
darrenmatias

Post by darrenmatias » Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 am

Greetings!

My name is Darren Matias. I am an pianist who currently studies at Lynn Conservatory of Music in Boca Raton, Florida. I am embarking on a European and Russian recital tour with my best friend who studied the violin at Saint Petersburg Conservatory. Her name is Yasa Poletaeva. We will be stopping by Helsinki this week and one of our performances is at:

Russian Center of Science and Culture
Nordenskiöldinkatu 1, 00250 Helsinki
May 29, 2015
18:00 (6:00pm)

I hope to draw some support from the Filipino Community of Finland. It is a privilege to be playing for you. I would like to ask that you also update me on some Filipino gathering or events taking place. I should be in Finland from May 26 to June 3.

Yasa and I have toured the Philippines and we have been involved in fundraising events for various scholarships, grants, and, even, support for when Typhoon Haiyan that struck a few years back. Yasa is an unbelievably talented violinist and the experience of music with her is equally heart wrenching and exciting as well. We received awards from Carnegie Hall Fellowships, 1st prize winner at the Lyric Chamber Competition that will lead to a New York City debut, full scholarship grants from Lynn Conservatory of Music and Saint Petersburg Conservatory, and grants from various organizations in the Philippines and United States, among others.

Here is a sample YouTube video of our performance:

John Legend All of Me: http://youtu.be/dNIdMFO9yH4

Burt Bacharach Close to You: http://youtu.be/7ZJNtYRSl5w

As you can see, Yasa and I love to make our music making very spiritual and romantic but we also do exciting improvisations and popular covers that makes our recitals effective. I hope that the music spoke in itself that we entice you to come to our concert. Your gift of presence would mean so much to us.

Please say hi after the concert! If you need more details, please feel free to contact me by responding to this email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Darren Matias
Pianist, Contrasts Duo

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic