Spouse has fulfilled requirment for finnish citizenship but

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
livingthing

Post by livingthing » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi,

Me and my spouse both immigrants have been living in Finland for more than 5 years. I am working here and am sponsoring her, both have A-permit. Now, she has cleared the YKI testi but I have not so I would have to wait for it before applying for citizenship but can she apply now ? She is jobless and has no source of income.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Spouse has fulfilled requirment for finnish citizenship

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:14 pm

livingthing wrote: Me and my spouse both immigrants have been living in Finland for more than 5 years. I am working here and am sponsoring her, both have A-permit. Now, she has cleared the YKI testi but I have not so I would have to wait for it before applying for citizenship but can she apply now ? She is jobless and has no source of income.
She can.

livingthing

Post by livingthing » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Has somebody already have had an experience where the spouse you are sponsoring applies for the citizenship and has no 'means of income' except your income and you are not yet a citizen.Also, what has to be written in the citizenship application form section concerning 'means of income' in this case ?

Rip

Post by Rip » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:06 pm

livingthing wrote:Also, what has to be written in the citizenship application form section concerning 'means of income' in this case ?
The truth. As money from KELA and social services would be an acceptable answer I don't see why telling you've been supported by your spouse would not be OK as well.

mois_2012

Post by mois_2012 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:27 am

Yes, she can apply. If you read the citizenship application form, then you will see that there are options such as KELA support (If someone has P type permit) or other source of income such as family member etc. However, if her residence permit expires after she applies she must apply for a new residence permit.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:20 am

Cory wrote:This must go without saying that your wife feels a deep respect for the country and a connection to the people of Finland.
Or just doesn't know the exact applicable laws and regulations regarding the Finnish citizenship application requirements.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.