Help! can I leave Finland when my current permit expired?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
fireflyfly

Post by fireflyfly » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 am

help! can I leave Finland when my current permit expired and the new permit is still in process?

My residence permit will be expired in a few days, and my application for extended permit is still in process.

I have no idea when I can get the new permit although it has cost one and a half months.

I wonder if I can leave Finland to China when my current permit expired and the new permit is still in process?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Help! can I leave Finland when my current permit expired

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:58 pm

fireflyfly wrote:help! can I leave Finland when my current permit expired and the new permit is still in process?
Yes but getting back is problematic.
fireflyfly wrote: My residence permit will be expired in a few days, and my application for extended permit is still in process.

I have no idea when I can get the new permit although it has cost one and a half months.

I wonder if I can leave Finland to China when my current permit expired and the new permit is still in process?
You will want to enter Schengen in Finland so they can see the status in the computer. In addition you need to check with the airline that they allow you to board. Since you have no return ticket they probably will be vary of you.

fireflyfly

Post by fireflyfly » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:46 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
fireflyfly wrote:help! can I leave Finland when my current permit expired and the new permit is still in process?
Yes but getting back is problematic.
fireflyfly wrote: My residence permit will be expired in a few days, and my application for extended permit is still in process.

You will want to enter Schengen in Finland so they can see the status in the computer. In addition you need to check with the airline that they allow you to board. Since you have no return ticket they probably will be vary of you.

Thank you. By the way, what do you mean by "be vary of" ?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 am

If you don't have a valid residence permit airline will not let you board the plane, it does not matter your new permit is under processing.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:17 pm

fireflyfly wrote: Thank you. By the way, what do you mean by "be vary of" ?
Typo. Should have been wary.

fireflyfly

Post by fireflyfly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:14 am

tavastia wrote:If you don't have a valid residence permit airline will not let you board the plane, it does not matter your new permit is under processing.
Thank you~