Getting finnish passport, plz HELP

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
baron

Post by baron » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi,
I moved wih my finnish wife in 2007 ( got married 2006) we stayed 3 years in Finland until 2010 then we moved outside EU, meanwhile i have a residence till July 2017 ( not permanent) i passed the Level 3 in finnish language already since 2009, last June i moved back to finland with my daughter and my wife will move back in summer 2018, can some of you tell me when i apply next summer for renewing my residence do i apply it based on my wife or my daughter? and how long i have to wait more to apply for citizenship ?

Best regards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Getting finnish passport, plz HELP

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:25 pm

baron wrote:and how long i have to wait more to apply for citizenship ?
http://www.migri.fi/finnish_citizenship ... de_finland
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm

baron wrote:last June i moved back to finland with my daughter and my wife will move back in summer 2018, can some of you tell me when i apply next summer for renewing my residence do i apply it based on my wife or my daughter?
The family member needs to be resident in Finland. If they are both resident, you can just mark them both to the application.

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:27 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
baron wrote:last June i moved back to finland with my daughter and my wife will move back in summer 2018, can some of you tell me when i apply next summer for renewing my residence do i apply it based on my wife or my daughter?
The family member needs to be resident in Finland. If they are both resident, you can just mark them both to the application.
Hence OP mentioned his wife will be back in 2018, OP should base his stay on family ties with his daughter (if she is under and he has custody / takes care of her) when renewing his residence in 2017 (as he mentioned).
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world