Single parent moving. Related issues.

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Hello all,

Recently, I got a 1 year job offer and moved to France. After the completion of my 1 year contract I will move back to Finland. My wife and my new born baby (3 months old) are still in Finland. My wife gets vanhempainpäiväraha (parental allowance) and lapsilisä(child benefit).

We also get some housing allowance. The current situation is that I am paying full rent in France around (950 euro) and some rent in Finland. After 3 or 4 months we would like to send our baby to play school in Finland. We both are Non-EU permanent residents of Finland.

1) My wife expresses interest to come and stay with me for some months. Do we need to maintain a house in Finland if we were to apply and wait for a place in playschool for our baby? We want to save some money which goes into our room rent.

2) Will my wife still get the parental allowance and child benefit if she comes and stays with me in France for a little while?

Please advice.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Single parent moving. Related issues.

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 pm

roger_roger wrote:
solidrepellent wrote:2) Will my wife still get the parental allowance and child benefit if she comes and stays with me in France for a little while?
No, http://www.kela.fi/web/en/moving-abroad ... its-abroad
You are contradicting your own source...

The important thing is to tick the temporary move box abroad. Since you are required to maintain a current address, you will need to notify as soon as you end the lease in Finland.

Be prepared that this might be looked into so save flight tickets as evidence.

SAHM

Post by SAHM » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

If your wife decides to stay in France less than 6 months, she can get her "päiväraha" and child benefit from Finland. But it is always good idea to check things from KELA itself. Keeping a flat/room would be good reason for KELA to believe that you/she is planning to come back. They will pay benefits only if they believe this.

Rip

Post by Rip » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm

I thought the EU rules said that it was the country were one of the parents worked that was supposed to pay the bill?

Or is it so that Finland is supposed to pay BOTH for Estonian mothers and children whose husband/father works in Helsinki and also to families living in Helsinki when the husband works in France?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:02 am

Rip wrote:I thought the EU rules said that it was the country were one of the parents worked that was supposed to pay the bill?
In this case pay the bill yes for maternity benefits
An insured person or members of his/her family who reside in a Member State other than the competent Member State shall receive in the Member State of residence benefits in kind provided, on behalf of the competent institution, by the institution of the place of residence, in accordance with the provisions of the legislation it applies, as though they were insured under the said legislation.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 3-20140101

However, as we can see Finnish legislation still applies. Now if the wife is considered to take up residence in France, the coverage in general moves there, as you can only be insured in one country at a time. For temporary residence Finland would still continue to pay though the existing benefits.
Rip wrote: Or is it so that Finland is supposed to pay BOTH for Estonian mothers and children whose husband/father works in Helsinki and also to families living in Helsinki when the husband works in France?
It's not. When the OP moves to France, benefits paid by Kela are supposed to start to be financed from France.

solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:53 pm

Can somebody also answer the first question in more detail? May be with some link or something.

All I received was 'No' from @roger_roger. It was terse.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 pm

solidrepellent wrote:Can somebody also answer the first question in more detail? May be with some link or something.

Roger did give you a valid link which has all the details.

solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:44 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
solidrepellent wrote:Can somebody also answer the first question in more detail? May be with some link or something.

Roger did give you a valid link which has all the details.

That link is for the second half of the question. I am talking about the first question. :D